• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duel NDT 11.00 X 20s On A Deuce

maxxplanck

Is it possible to put Duel 11.00 X 20 NDTs on a deuce. My first deuce is singled out with 11.00x 20 . Can I put duel 11x20 on the back. Seems I read some where that you can't, I not sure ?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes, If the hubs are fliped, you will need to flip them back, other wise the dules will stick out

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is room, I was curious about this till I saw 1100s dueled on a deuce,

armytruck63

Dual 1100's do come close to rubbing the tire next to them on a deuce. If you run around empty or with a light load, this is not a problem. With a heavy load, the tires could bulge enough to touch each other. This can lead to a lot of heat and possibly a blow out or tire fire.

Vintage iron

my friend runs duel 1100 x 20 NDT on his M35a2. It looks great and It is as big as a 5 ton is with 1100's. He is running a Multifuel LDS motor too. His truck really haul ass too.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not as close as you think, the m34 was 1100 singles, not a loaded rub problum

Last edited:

Capt.Marion

Technically speaking they are NDCCs... by the way, do you have a good source for them? My truck is running singled 11.00x20 NDCCs and I want to dual it back out.

armytruck63

I meant rub on the other half of the dual, not the tire on the other axle in front or behind. Look at the duals on a deuce with 1100's and compare how close the tires are to touching compared to a deuce with 900's.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radials would come closer to rubbing than NDT's, and mine do fine, even with a load. Only tight spot will be the spare against the tool box.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With everyone singling out M818's you'd think they'd be everywhere cheap.
Speaking of fit, Rich you remember this don't you?
Rub together under load? maybe with NDCC's, I don't know their limit.
Not sure you could put enough weight in a Deuce to bring the XL's together.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had 11.00 x 20s on my deuce for awhile with no problems, even loaded. I did it to drop the engine RPMs at my usual 50 mph highway pace.

dabtl

I got a bunch of 11:00 NDCC new from Ft. Sill a couple of years ago and Vietnam Veterans Of America, Chapt. 920 put them all around on their M35a2c. Worked fine.

Oh, and old guys really like the extra high step to get into the cab and troop seats.roflrofl

3dAngus

In response to several questions on availability, I don't have new ones, but will have some off a M-105 in a couple weeks after I get back from a cruise. PM me for pictures if interested on the first week in March when I get back. They are not the NDT style though, but are Michelin X style 11X20 tires like in Bob H's picture above.
Probably $150 each mounted. I will have 8 available then, but don't know about shipping. Probably a pick up works best, but I can load on a pallet if you care to pay the shipping cost.
I'll put up a classified ad then.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks