• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw from NY to ND

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you give up on the deal, would you contact me? I may be interested.

If I can help, let me know, I'm about an hour from Syracuse.

Last edited:

fasttruck

How wide is this ? Over 102" and it becomes a permit move with six states involved. I doubt you can get anyone to do this for the $2,000 quoted. LOL

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dukw is 31 ft long 8' 2" wide and 8' 9" high and is 15000 lbs it will drive on and off the trailer by itself. There would be room on a normal trailer for another load like a Bobcat or something . Eddy

Last edited:

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
You could try Gypsum Express. They did a similar move for me Fla to NY, 6-7y ago for $1600 (when fuel was lower) . That was less than I could have done it myself after taking time off work. They have terminals in Syracuse (Baldwinsville) and Jacksonville, Fla.( each end of my move) and had the required drop deck. As I recall they got it the day after I inquired and was in my yard 2 days afterwards.

I agree with fasttruck, prob hard to find someone who will do it for 2K. Not impossible though... you're lok long enough you might find someone already going there M/T or with space. If you move it after Nov/Dec you may get it covered with road salt. Getting it onto and off a flatbed/drop deck can be another problem. I hired a Landol and used it as a loading dock on one end and made a ramp in yard at other(lower link).

Baldwinsville, NY Terminal

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/jimk-albums-jimk-picture2799-unloading-stalwart.html

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tryed Gypshim never even got a responce and have heard nothing from anyone else. I asked several places for a price and never got any answers at all. I did not ask anyone to meet a price just asked for a price and nothing. Eddy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen this DUKW sell twice on eBay lately, what's up with that?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eddy you gotta keep us informed as this vehicle progresses and I hope to see it next year at the NDMVCA I will be there with my Deuce, I am from Horace and I will be convoying with two friends with Deuces fro SD! I cannot wait to see this one Eddy!
KK

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will keep SS apraised of the progess on this one. I sent the NDMVA a email a long time ago asking if they wanted a member from the great white north and never got an answer. I go to Minot a lot and have even talked to a couple of the guys there at Motor Magic but again no intrest in me. I have two flat fender jeeps a Umimog a CCKW a White Half Track a M725 a Hummer a M35 A2 and now a Dukw. One of the flat fenders and the Dukw need restoration but the rest are nice. Eddy

Attachments