• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW Ride For A USMC Korean War Veteran

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Today I took a USMC Korean War Veteran out for a DUKW ride in the Willamette River. This was the first time he had been in a DUKW since 1952! :shock: He was in "A" Co. 1st Amphibian TRK. BN. 2nd Platoon. He went in the Marine Corps when he was 18 and was an assistant DUKW drive during the Korean War. His father, a former WWII Veteran, was the driver in the same DUKW! :shock: He said the DUKW ride brought back a lot of memories from his youth! here is a link to a Youtube video
YouTube - DUKW Ride for a USMC Korean War Veteran
Steve 8)

Attachments

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I got a chance to drive a DUKW a few weeks ago and it was by far one of the coolest things ive done in a MV, sure beats all the stuff I play with in the Army. I love the older stuff. -Jay

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a chance to drive a DUKW a few weeks ago and it was by far one of the coolest things ive done in a MV, sure beats all the stuff I play with in the Army. I love the older stuff. -Jay
Jay-
You look darn handsome driving that DUKW[thumbzup]:wink:. I think you need to get one now:grd:.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Id greatly pass on owning one. They are absoloutly awsome but id rather have a restored half track for less price and after convoying with the DUKW you would understand the other reason of passing on buying one. Now if I was a millionare it would be differnt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks