• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb MRAP question

jpinst

If you want an MRAP, the Europeans are surplusing them, but as of now, they are not cheap. Wait a while and Ki think there will be more. You have to understand how stupid our government is with this issue. The Europeans ship them home because they can sell one to a collector for $150K. The Americans are cutting them up for scrap over there because it's not worth shipping $1K of scrap metal home. For those citizens who would say: "good, no private citizen needs an armored vehicle." Well, you can import one from many countries who are making money off their surplus, so citizens having armor is not the issue. I myself would rather have an RG-31. Smaller, lower profile and easier to drive.

jpinst

MTV's and LMTV's are available in very limited quantities. The military to recapitalizing most of the older ones due to limited budgets. The one's that go on sale have been stripped of many parts and have other problems. I obtained a couple of them. One that was in pretty good working condition went for around $50K a month ago.

TehTDK

Of all the present hardware fielded by Denmark I am most wanting to get my hands on our big wrecker, one of the Mercedes GD's or one of the RHIB's

L1A1

Of all the present hardware fielded by Denmark I am most wanting to get my hands on our big wrecker, one of the Mercedes GD's or one of the RHIB's
' Think I'd like one of your leopard 1 tanks. Maybe the driver training variant with that funky turret.
Matt

TehTDK

We actually don't have any active L1's anymore. They have all been decommissioned and is only rolled out for an annual armour display in the Army proving grounds, following a very rigorous trial and test schedule by the weapon mechanics which starts 1-2 weeks before the actual demo. But have you got any images of the particular model in question?

TehTDK

Oh, I don't think we have ever used those to be honest. But I dont know. These days we are actually using the "game" SteelBeats as the training simulator for the Leopard 2's for driver, gunner etc training on them with multiple computers linked together in a network so what we can simulate an entire platoon of tanks all at the same time the instructors can input enemy tanks, change the conditions and so on.

L1A1

Oh, I don't think we have ever used those to be honest. But I dont know. These days we are actually using the "game" SteelBeats as the training simulator for the Leopard 2's for driver, gunner etc training on them with multiple computers linked together in a network so what we can simulate an entire platoon of tanks all at the same time the instructors can input enemy tanks, change the conditions and so on.
' Think the Americans are doing the same. It's much more economical then actually putting a crew in a real MBT and sending them off to train. Much less wear & tear on the MBTs as well. The Canadians had some of the Leopard 1 driver trainer tanks and one actually made it onto a well known auction site.

Matt

L1A1

You are more likely to find one overseas and then import it
Would be curious to know if that's possible. I don't think it is being that it's American & an AFV. Remember all those M3 Stuart light tanks that were found in S.America a few years back? Not a single one of them was allowed to come back in.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks