• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb question. Is it better to keep looking ?

1951M1078

With the GOV. selling the "soft" skin M1078, is it better to keep looking at the auctions ? Pricing seems very high for non-runners ? I was thinking (this gets me in trouble :cookoo:) maybe this is just the first wave and maybe the price's will trend down after the first few are sold ? Is their a better time to bid ? Fall,Winter, heat of the summer ?
Thanks,Randy

P.S. Got close today but didn't win . And its ok !:wink:

NEIOWA

Growing number of LMVT cargo (and a few van) and a MTV tractors listed in gsaxcess.gov. Most are runners. Volume has been growing to the point not all are going to be reused. At present at Drum, Carson, Campbell, Bragg.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Govxcess is not for the general public. Only Government agencies and volunteer Fire departments can get equipment from that site.

1951M1078

In today's auction and non-runner here in AZ. went for $7500 . Way to high for me. And it had problem's. Rode hard and put up wet !
Maybe next time.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In today's auction and non-runner here in AZ. went for $7500 . Way to high for me. And it had problem's. Rode hard and put up wet !
Maybe next time.

Agreed most being sold have issues. the military and Nat guard units are still using these trucks it will be a year or 2 before we start seeing mass listings

MaiNiaK

I'm looking to pick one up a little closer to me.
Any idea how much the runners went for yesterday? (I haven't finnished setting up my account so I can't look back)

MaiNiaK

Yeah I'd be looking to NC, where it seems thre are more rigs to bid on. Also have family in NC and my dad buys for the local Dodge, Jeep dealer at the auction. So shipping wouldn't be as bad, if I can't make it road worthy there.

2 weeks ago one went in PA for $12,500 on eBay. I'd rather buy at auction though.

good luck man...!!

tacticalmike

I live in nc and I want a truck. where are you guys talking about bidding at here in nc? also, if one of you guys want to bid and buy one I can offer short term storage here at my place for you to make time to come get it......if that helps.

MaiNiaK

I live in nc and I want a truck. where are you guys talking about bidding at here in nc? also, if one of you guys want to bid and buy one I can offer short term storage here at my place for you to make time to come get it......if that helps.
If you still can't figure out where to bid on these trucks, I'll tell you after next Wednesday. (J/k).
Govplanet.com is the place. Online auctions every Wednesday.

MaiNiaK

Maybe next time.
Hope you had good luck today. I wasn't bidding to seriously and won a running M1078 for just above 5. Needs a few screws and a couple handles but its a nice running rig.