• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb question

l1a1man

M1009. Got in today and smelled radiator fluid. You guessed it, heater core shot. Can't replace it until tomorrow night, is it safe to drive 140 miles just don't use the heat?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pinch the heater hoses shut with vice-grips if things get worse while driving. Not using the heat won't releve the pressure on the leak, so at least stay warm.

Westech

CPL
turning the heater to off will do NOTHING to slow or stop the loss of fluid. like what was stated above.. pinch off the hoses.... better yet you can get a adapter to connect the hoses together. 1/2 to 3/4 or 5/8 I cant remember but most every auto parts store will have this.. look in the thermostat and radiator cap place.

91W350

Frequently, you can sneak by leaving the radiator cap loose so the system cannot build pressure. This time of year it works better than in the summer when you are fighting heat. You may lose a little coolant, but it will be minimal.

Westech has the best solution though, use the adapter, remove the hoses from the core and just hook them together. Glen

4bogginchevys

turning the heater to off will do NOTHING to slow or stop the loss of fluid. like what was stated above.. pinch off the hoses.... better yet you can get a adapter to connect the hoses together. 1/2 to 3/4 or 5/8 I cant remember but most every auto parts store will have this.. look in the thermostat and radiator cap place.
5/8-3/4...great idea.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks