• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump Doors

zak

While my dump doesnt look as good as Jeff's,but I'm slowly putting it right. I finished the doors with new metal in the rusted out spots. Trying to bent the 16ga metal with a cheap bender was not easy. Somebody needs to make patch panels for this area. I'm sure they could sell them as almost every duece I've seen in Michigan has this same front lower part of the door rusted out. Both doors have new glass and window runs.And I'm waiting for the passenger side lock so I can hang that door. When the pocket book allows I need to replace the front fenders and paint the rest of the front end.

Larry Sage
Ortonville, MI

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! You might wanna pitch the idea of patch panels to Mike at ODIron.com. He has the equipment, and might be willing to bend some sheet metal for this purpose.

acetomatoco

Don't forget to grease the window regulator tracks while you have the doors open... Any Sylglide the runners, too...

zak

Jeff 16ga is what I measured. I could be wrong but it was the closest. What is sylglide? I never heard of that product.
Larry