• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump troop seats in standard cargo bed

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you're going to have to be a little more descriptive of what the problem is, and what you plan to do. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

max1008

"troop seats for a 5 ton dump". "APPROX. CRATE DIMENSIONS: 128" LONG X 44" WIDE X 10.5" TALL."

I am wondering if they will work on a standard 5ton cargo bed. m923.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As common as standard troop seats are, I'd suggest you just find a set. You are in for some serious modification. The dump truck troop seats don't fold down for use like the troop seats on a cargo truck. Instead, the seats are actually removed from the uprights (when you are installing them, you literally are standing there holding the entire length of seats in your hands and they are removed from the seat back section). If you look inside the bed of a dump, you will see slots near each stake pocket. The dump truck troop seats are re-attached there to form the seat.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the one that did the post you listed and I do not think the Dump truck seat will work in a cargo truck (to short for one). I think the leg spacing is not the same. Also the seats just unhook from the back and then hook into the bed of the dump.
I will check the spacing this morning.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked and the spacing is not the same for the dump seats and cargo trucks. Will not work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks