• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump with winch diagram or photos

lsansone

I am looking to add a winch to my m817. can anyone point me in the right direction to look at a diagram on how they are set up? I looked over the TMs and cant seem to find a diagram. Does it use the same pto at the dump or is there a seperate one? anyone have a set up for sale ?

thanks
lou

pwrwagonfire

Yup, set of levers to the left of the drivers seat for the dump body, and another PTO control next to the transfer case for the winch control.
Thats how ours is set up anyhow
That is a BIG winch :driver:

I could get your some basic photos tomorrow if you cannot get any before then

lsansone

Yup, set of levers to the left of the drivers seat for the dump body, and another PTO control next to the transfer case for the winch control.
Thats how ours is set up anyhow
That is a BIG winch :driver:

I could get your some basic photos tomorrow if you cannot get any before then

that would be very helpfull
thanks
lou

pwrwagonfire

Lou, apologizes- it took me almost a month to get the pictures up! Well...here they are. This is our M817 W/w, I took a couple of how the bumper mounts, where the drive shaft goes, and one of the PTO on the side of the tranny...hope these help at least a little bit...

Attachments

fasttruck

Biggie to replicate the set up used on the m817ww is to get the double ended pto and the related linkage. Dump trucks are offered for sale on e bay and elsewhere with the note "complete except for pto." if you don't get the pto junk the truck as they seem to be very difficult to acquire especially on the cheap. Bothe accessories are driven off the transmission not one on trans and one on transfer case such as wreckers or fuel trucks.

lsansone

thanks all
my dump has the pto. it seems that not only do you need that. but you have to also add the extra linkage to control the pto when you are winching. thanks for the photos.

lou

now to find a reasonably priced set up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks