• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dusenhoff?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jezzz, get a life! I posted it here because I thought the title and description were funny! Apparently a lot of others did too.

A couple of other points; One, I have not been able to get ANY pictures to post on this site. Two, since I'm not trying to sell it I wouldn't have posted pictures. They were immaterial to my posting anyway. Three, exactly where are we supposed to post third party ads?? You said " (Do not post second party ads in the classifieds)" but you just deleted my message about the Ex Military 66' blue Dodge D200 truck from the M880 forum. (NOT for sale by me, another CL listing.) Or are we not supposed to post them? I've seen plenty of references to Craigslist ads on this site! Would you like for me to point them out to you? Last, if you want pictures posted for future reference, feel free to go to the ad and copy them and post them. For me, I have no idea WHERE to post them since you say not to post third party ads in the classified section yet you delete them when I put them in the appropriate forum!

First off, why did you pm me 3 times, if you wanted to address all this here in the forums?

Next, If you are having trouble using/posting in the forums, then ask for help(not use it as an excuse)

Next, If pictures were not material to the subject, why post the link, why not copy the ad description?

Next, We used to have a forum just for CL and Ebay ads, they were abused and we do not want or need them posted in the forums. If t is a very rare or difficult to find item, that may be allowed. It will ultimately be up to the Moderators to decide if we want/need it posted.

Next, I will not waste my time managing your threads if you can't extend some courtesy and effort on your part first. ( I don't consider many of your comments here or in the pm's courteous)

If you had simply posted the pictures and explained what you thought was funny, it would have been a great thread. There was no need to post the link.

Last edited:

frodobaggins

Craigslist links go dead in 30 days. If you are interested in discussing the truck, post pictures(not a link to the ad).

If you are trying to sell , use the classifieds, NOT the forums. (Do not post second party ads in the classifieds)

This thread will be useless in a month(even though it was fun to discuss this week). With the pictures posted, it would be a good reference for ever.

Tada !

Attachments

KsM715

9,500 is actually fairly reasonable for an A2 winch truck singled out with fresh paint. It looks well maintained. If it looks as good under the hood and in the cab as it does on the outside 9,500 is completely reasonable and fair.

Ill' say it again, be wary of trucks that are photographed wet. It looks like new paint, but its not.

Dodge man

Ill' say it again, be wary of trucks that are photographed wet. It looks like new paint, but its not.
Yeah it certainly looks nice and shiny. The problem is that MVs aren't supposed to look that way!

I suspect that after dealing with GL and hearing horror stories from others that have, that no one on this site would be foolish enough to judge a vehicle from pictures alone.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VERY impressive sig line Dodge Man!

1970 Dodge Challanger RT convertible 440-6 pak
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440 6 pak
1952 MG TD Mopar 340 ci
1968 Charger 440
1972 Barracuda 318
1964 Sport Fury 440 6 pak
1970 Duster 318
1970 Challanger SE 440

Own all that or is it a wish list?

Billy Bobbed

Jezzz, get a life! I posted it here because I thought the title and description were funny! Apparently a lot of others did too.

A couple of other points; One, I have not been able to get ANY pictures to post on this site. Two, since I'm not trying to sell it I wouldn't have posted pictures. They were immaterial to my posting anyway. Three, exactly where are we supposed to post third party ads?? You said " (Do not post second party ads in the classifieds)" but you just deleted my message about the Ex Military 66' blue Dodge D200 truck from the M880 forum. (NOT for sale by me, another CL listing.) Or are we not supposed to post them? I've seen plenty of references to Craigslist ads on this site! Would you like for me to point them out to you? Last, if you want pictures posted for future reference, feel free to go to the ad and copy them and post them. For me, I have no idea WHERE to post them since you say not to post third party ads in the classified section yet you delete them when I put them in the appropriate forum!
I dont think he knows who he is talking to.No respect.

emr

funny but silly post, never a need to not be nice , a moderator is the man to be nice to, simple rule. [thumbzup], telling anyone to get a life is a bad way to be on this site, alot of guys have alot of fun jabbing each other, and we all feel i am sure when a moderator say something, just so OK will do and forget it, I thinks thats all they want us to do.... not even close to an A3 not even close, my 5 cents...:confused:

ODdave

confused as to how that could ever be mistaken for an A3.............. headlights in the wrong spots, hood dosnt slant up twards the front like its all arogant with its nose up in the air, no stupid hydro tanks poorly protected behind the front bumper. so much prettier than an A3. price is high but shes pretty. (i know it has A3 wheels but come on)

jluv1185

Take it from me...its very easy to get upset just reading someone words, and not hearing them. Before you pop off on someone take the time to understand what they mean, even ask them to make it clear if it isnt. I agree with the hobbit, he was just doing his job. Nothing personal ment by it. These guys are very nice. Like to pick, but its all in good fun. Just my 2cents. Your post was freaking funny btw. :grin:

Dodge man

VERY impressive sig line Dodge Man!

1970 Dodge Challanger RT convertible 440-6 pak
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440 6 pak
1952 MG TD Mopar 340 ci
1968 Charger 440
1972 Barracuda 318
1964 Sport Fury 440 6 pak
1970 Duster 318
1970 Challanger SE 440

Own all that or is it a wish list?
Nope, I own or have owned every one of them. Left a few out; M-37, M38A1, 1950 Plymouth Sedan Deluxe (same engine as the M-37!), '67 Charger, a Nash Healey, 66 Hemi Satellite and probably a couple more. I've been fooling with Mopars for a LONG time!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, I own or have owned every one of them. Left a few out; M-37, M38A1, 1950 Plymouth Sedan Deluxe (same engine as the M-37!), '67 Charger, a Nash Healey, 66 Hemi Satellite and probably a couple more. I've been fooling with Mopars for a LONG time!
Wow! The Super Bird with a 440 was one of less than 700 made IIRC. The 70 Challenger Drop Top was one of less than 1000. Rare iron indeed. The 68 with a 440 was a R/T correct? (my older bro was a MOPAR guy - I stayed GM)

I would LOVE to see some pics man!

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

Well, I enjoyed the post. I have no interest in bidding on this truck, but I sure enjoyed the unintended humour!
Maybe to not make the Mods have to get involved, the link may not have to be posted.
I admire the job that the Mods. do, and there is no way in H__L that I would take it on!

Last edited: