• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUVAC

congrats on a fine purchase!And hello to all...recently purchased an M-1010 myself. A couple q's...are the yellow and orange wires you mentioned connected to a blue box under that cover?Do you have two large 28-volt alternators?(they would be stacked atop one another on the passenger side of the engine compartment)
If so,you could have one of the rare 1028's with the m-1010 ambulance charging system.your perhaps the second person iv'e come across that may have one of these trucks.They seem to have been ordered almost entirely by the air force(from what i can find out so far)
If you have a blue box...it was called a DUVAC,dual voltage controller.mounted next to it should be a smallish black box called a twinput voltage regulator.Pics would be helpful!

on edit:this is supposed to go with decodemes post

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Attachments

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi,
Yes I have the ambulance charging system. Looks just like yours in the pic. I have a mount for the A/C compressor but no A/C. Yes the wires I switched were under the cover in the blue box. My truck is a 1987, which im told they did not make alot of 1028's in that year...I will take some pics this weekend. When I get home its dark during the week. Its nice to know someone with the same setup and we can compare notes..
thanks for your help.
Cevon..
ps, i just turned 6000 miles !.....almost time to bring it in to change the breakin oil..!....

tbrent

Hello. I know this a long shot. The link you posted is broken. Is there any way you could send me the duvac retro fit ? Any help would be appreciated. 772-360-8379