• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

E-bay seller warning

I've made claims to USPS and UPS, we don't have a Fedex shipper and they have never ask what shape the box was in when it left, just the shape it was in when it arrived. I shipped a M35 door glass and it was cracked during shipping, UPS never even looked at it, they just paid. Knocking on wood. Wayne
I guess I just like to cover my ass. Case in point I bought a hood for my mustang from a guy in Ohio, he took it to a company dropped it off and let them do the packaging they wrapped it up poorly and shipped it freight. When it go here it was chipped up and missing hardware. The company shafted him saying that's the way he gave it to him and there was no hardware. He had no proof and it was his word against there's. So after he refunded me enough to buy the missing hardware and we came to agreement about what it would cost to fix the damage, he lost money on the whole deal.

steelandcanvas

I've bought several things from delaware lister/kc gonzo/bernie through the years. No problems.
:ditto:Slow shipping, but no problems. I last bought from him when he was kcgonzo, a few years ago. If he's going to start screwing people, I'll purchase elsewhere. Thanks for the cautionary heads-up.

littlebob

I have only bought a few things and once something was double shipped by accident and because it was a low dollar item, he said
he'd eat it, rather than go through the hassle of me returning it. If it was poor packaging when it arrived, doesn't mean it was when it left. We have had a few abused items delivered by UPS at my work that were taped up with missing packing/pieces before, but not lately
Have you gotten this resolved with him yet?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have only bought a few things and once something was double shipped by accident and because it was a low dollar item, he said
he'd eat it, rather than go through the hassle of me returning it. If it was poor packaging when it arrived, doesn't mean it was when it left. We have had a few abused items delivered by UPS at my work that were taped up with missing packing/pieces before, but not lately
Have you gotten this resolved with him yet?
He flat out refuse to refund the overcharge on shipping e-bay and paypal keep pushing it back to the other one . So i am going to eat the $10 bucks there and paypal decided in my favor on the other claim so it cost another $ 22 bucks for return shipping and signature confirmation but they are holding the money till its delivered to him. Without the paypal claim he would not do anything . The sad part is he plans on relisting them and selling them again from the e-mails I got through paypal so someone else is going to go through the same hassle .And he banned me from bidding on his auctions but that was just a waste of his time because he will never see a penny from me again

Parker2

I have bought from him before and had no problems at all, plus quick shippping.
Glad for the heads up though. I'll be a little careful if I buy from him again.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
he got the damaged brake shoes back on 9-7-2010 so they will be getting relisted on e-bay
he stated in the paypal claim "he will sell them to someone who wants them" . Just wanted to give a heads up to members here

rlwm211

I bought a couple of things from him with no issues. They came well packed and in fine shape.

Ebay is a tool, like every other source we have for parts. If you buy from an individual I suggest that it take place in person unless you already know that this person is 100%.

I guess buying on EBAY is like going to an MV show. There are vendors who are pros and you know they will stand behind their products. Then there are individuals who are there selling and the have no place of business, no real address, and are there to sell what they have. You take a chance buying from someone like that so it is up to the buyer to make sure the product is ok.

I am not excusing Delaware lister at all, and all I am saying is that when I buy parts, I look at the source and consider whether or not I want to risk my money with that purchase because ultimately, I have no guarantee of getting what I thought I was getting. I am assuming responsibility for what I do as a buyer.

It is an implied trust that we are talking about, and that is an earned trust in most cases...

Just my rambling thoughts on this

RL

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebay is a tool, like every other source we have for parts. If you buy from an individual I suggest that it take place in person unless you already know that this person is 100%.

I guess buying on EBAY is like going to an MV show. There are vendors who are pros and you know they will stand behind their products. Then there are individuals who are there selling and the have no place of business, no real address, and are there to sell what they have. You take a chance buying from someone like that so it is up to the buyer to make sure the product is ok.

RL[/QUOTE]

well i agree there is risks with e-bay but at a swap meet you can pick the part up see what your getting then decide. With delewarelister and e-bay all you have is the feedback witch was 100% with a high volume of sales . What e-bay dosn't count I have found out is cancelled sales basicly the ones where a paypal diepute is filed and the parties come to terms before it escalates to a claim these are not figured into feedback .Delewarelister had photos of undamaged brake shoes listed as actual photos this was not the case.When the dispute was filed he stated "ishould be happy with what i got for the price i paid" .Advertised shipping refund but refused it until claim was filed then his response was I was out of town for 2 weekends with my job at wal-mart and didn't have time to process it. But he had time to continue listing items for sale. In my opinion he could care less about anything other than more sales and once he's got your money it's screw you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks