• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

e brake adjustment

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
My e-brake doesn't hold. The adjuster on the handle is tightened as far as it will travel. I loosened it about half way and crawled under the moose and tightened the adjuster till the brake linings began to touch the drum. When I applied the brake it still would not hold even with tightening the adjuster on the handle in the cab. So, I slithered back under and tightened up the cable further. At some point I crossed the threshold where even released it was dragging. I finally wound up loosening the adjuster on the cable at the brake back up which lets me drive but still no e-brake. What did I miss?

jwaller

I think you had it right the second time.

I adjusted mine so the adjuster in the cab was all the way loose, got under the truck and made it almost drag and it will hold the truck on a pretty good slope.

are your pads glazed or the drum maybe? are you sure it's clamping both pads?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Yeah, all the linkage and shoes are working fine and there is plenty of material still left on the shoes. I'm going back under and adjusting it back in small increments and see if I can't find the "sweet spot." I probably just missed it.

tbrenner

Does anyone leave their truck (M35) in gear when parking it. I would think that would help if you had a slipping parking brake. Wouldn't help much if you had the truck running though.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone leave their truck (M35) in gear when parking it.
Not me. E-brake and 2 chocks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i dont even worry about the ebrake on the 819, no matter how i have it adjusted ,it wont hold the 36000# truck unless im on the FLAT, two or more 6x6 blocks work for me

acetomatoco

Of course you leave it in gear.. Just be sure the engine stop cable is pulled out so a bump won't cause it to start... and turn the wheels to the curb...RAM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks