• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Eagle Diesel", what is it?

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I got an email preaching about this "fuel".
But was very vague about what it is.

Other than it being based on natural gas and it is a liquid.

So have any of you heard of it? and know anything about it?

Can we use it in our trucks?

Thank you...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I did some Googling.

Looks like they are more interested in selling stock right now.

Seems to be some process whereby CNG is used either to make synthetic fuel or is used in place of diesel.

Nothing new in using CNG in modified diesel engines.

It says it may sell for less than a buck a gallon.....I wish I could buy propane for that.

I call "Snake Oil" for now.

I found some info on Google about it. It's compressed liquified natural gas. Of course you can run a deuce on it if you wanna ditch everything from the fuel tank to the IP and everything in between and start from scratch with a whole new fuel system. I'd say you're better off investing in a gladhand with a quick-connect fitting for a standard air hose, an air-powered transfer pump from Harbor Freight, a set of filter mounts and cartriges, a few different lengths of heavy-duty garden hose and pump WMO and WHO from the drums at the privately owned mechanic shops and equipment rental yards.
:popcorn:

3dAngus

I yearn for the day when I can invest in Natural Gas. We're just not ready yet, unfortunately.

Maybe in 5-6 years, but I doubt it. It would take a horrible disaster to get us going in the right direction.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If it weren't for the environmental whackos and their inbred fear of coal we could be making synthetic diesel and gasoline like the British and Germans did in two World Wars. There are trillions of tons of easy to get at coal in this country.

The stuff they burned in lanterns back in the day was called "Coal Oil" for a reason.

Before our local steel mill got sold and shipped to China they made coke from coal to use in the furnaces. From the waste stream they made all kinds of chemicals, generated enough power to run the plant and sell locally and kept a bunch of people employed doing it.

3dAngus

There's enough methane under the continental shelf to last us for the next 200 years. Seems to me we would be better off burning a big ole fart then smelling it. I say put it and natural gas in the tank. Not sure Detroit will ever really let that happen. Even with $billions in lithium for cheap batteries for cars in Afghanistan, we'll probably just let the Chinese walk in and get it all.

Our energy policy is not the best...

Outlaw86er

Audi has actually partnered with a company called Joule to research manufacturing carbon neutral diesel and ethanol. Apparently at a pilot lab in Texas they are able to produce 8,000 gallons per acre per year, which is significantly better than other means of manufacturing biofuels. The kicker is that they don't use algae, they have a bio-engineered microorganism that directly produces usable fuel.

Here's a link to an article that explains it all on Forbes.---> Audi Places Its Biofuel Bets On Joule - Forbes

This thread reminded me of the article because Audi calls the fuel E-Ethanol and E-Diesel.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks