• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early AMG data plates and contract #'s

Whiterabbit

Weather took it's toll on my 1972 M151A2 plates and I can't read the AMG plate on my dash so I was going to replace it. The ones everyone is selling doesn't look like mine,too many blank lines to fill/stamp in.(vin,contract)
Mine has one blank line for the Vin# and the contract number is not stamped but printed on it like the rest of the info but I can't read it. Also the delivery date is blank on mine too.
Is there 2 versions of A2 plates floating around? Where can I get the other version? or at least the contract # for a 72 A2 if I have to stamp that.

cobra5

All the replacement data plates are made with fill in the blank lines. The only way you will be able to get an exact copy of your old plate is to find someone that can do it but it won't be cheap. There was an individual a few years ago that was going to start producing these plates with the correct stamping but I haven't heard anything more about it.

cobra5

I'd recommend posting your question on the www.g838.org site. This site is dedicated to the 151 jeeps and there is a gentlemen over there with the user name muttguru that you can contact and he might be able to help with your contract number question. If you have the original data plate and can read the serial number that would be a lot of help to him.

Whiterabbit

Applied to G838.org a few weeks ago, haven't heard back about activating my account. :confused:
I got the history on the truck from the veh info thread up in "members rides".
Nice history on the truck, belonged to 20th Special Forces Group! :naner:
Gave me my Reg no. too! Just need the contract number for AMG in '72 to stamp on the new plate.

I just read through this thread so this reply is kinda late, but contract # DAAE07-71-C-0103 was let on 16 Feb 1971 to AM General for the production of M-151A2. 34,984 vehicles were produced under this contract. Kevin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks