• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy/Aberdeen

rideni

Can't wait to see you all there! I live too close to join a convoy so I'm starting my own the muave convoy, it goes from down town Aberdeen to Ripken Stadium.:p

rideni

good one maddawg look forward to seeing you again there

If anyone on here runs in to trouble or needs to drop something off early I've got plenty of space to store something.

art

I plan on heading down form northern jersey, right by paterson. Plan on taking my M818 and M915. Where would I join up with everyone?
0630 depart time-- Vince Lombardi Service Area (Start Point) -- Exit 17 NJ Turnpike
Meet us at the truck fuel pumps (top off your fuel it's the cheepest)

AMGeneral

Ok folks,12 days left till the ECC(11 for a few of the Yellow serial) I still haven't heard from 2 people that I have e-mailed.

Powerhousedeuce,DieselBob,Hank,Jakelc15,m37_power,are ya'll still going?

Just for clarification,we are going to shoot directly up I-95 from Doswell to Aberdeen,the route should be changed on the ECC website soon.

Anyone in the Yellow serial that is unsure of their meeting point contact me immedately at M4A4@aol.com or PM me here and we'll work out the details.

I will have my VRC-53 and my CB on in the 915 and monotoring the entire trip.

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

Ok folks,12 days left till the ECC(11 for a few of the Yellow serial) I still haven't heard from 2 people that I have e-mailed.

Powerhousedeuce,DieselBob,Hank,Jakelc15,m37_power,are ya'll still goin?

Im out. work ain't going to let me cruse in the convoy. Hedelta, dutchvb and I will be riding up seprate. Dont know about anyone else.

rideni

I'll be there on tuesday helping to setup. And Sean I would recommend taking a different route then I-95 either US Route 40 or MD 147 to US Route 1 to MD-22

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I too will be there on Tuesday. Back up on Thursday afternoon. I will heading up 95 (8 miles) in my M-2-4 and will look for other MV's headed north. I just a military convoy...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One week to go. Getting psyched on this end! Of course, I am behind in my PM as well, but I will be making an end run early next week.

SWoods

Coming from Boston, MA leaving Wednesday. Haven't heard from anyone yet - am I supposed to get an email or a phone call after signing up? Plan to meet up with red route Thur. 0630 at Vince Lombardi Service Area (Start Point) -- Exit 17 NJ Turnpike.

paulfarber

Any consideration to not using the highway? Minimum 40mph kills just about everything pre-1960s. Its basically an M35/CUCV thing.. can't get excited about something I don't own.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was out crusin in my M-2-4 yesterday, doing a shake down cruise after tearing apart the shifter . I am giving serious thought about using the back roads. I-95 is no place to be in a 70 year old MV. Its bad enough on country roads with everyone in a hurry. I will pass on this but will try to meet you, or someone, at the exit to Aberdeen. It just looks so cool when a convoy rolls in and you are part of it...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Out the door in 10 hours, once I get the final PM work done on my truck! I plan on getting to Doswell early enough to enjoy the pool for a little bit. :)

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'...

Attachments

deucebigalo

Hitting the road also today, about 1230p to meet up with my brother(crazyguypa) in Pa. Then making the hour or so drive south to Aberdeen. Cant wait to get the **** outta work and go down and relax and enjoy the history of these vehicles. To everybody motoring to Aberdeen this weekend have a great time and drive carefully!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Today is the day. I saw 2 deuces coming up, north, on I-95 as I was coming to work. The rain has stopped and its clearing up. I will roll in this afternoon after work. This is torture waiting until 2pm... See everyone at 5pm...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks