• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eastern Surplus - Super Single Rims-

grounded

Banned
do they two valve stem locations?
I don't know how good they are, but I really like the look of those goodyear MVT tires.

BFR i dont know if your interested or not in these type tires. BUT i got 6 of them on my trailer for some reason that was delivered with the tires. 2 are dang near new tread. 2 are 75% and 2 are probly 50% if you want i can bring all 6 of them down to you in 2 weeks when i come and deliver them or meet you.

Would like $300 for all 6. (395/80/20 MVT tires) just want to get rid of them

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm..that's almost exactly 16 inches wide, just what the 8x8 needs, just a little taller with the 80% aspect ratio (the xm757 uses 70%). I'm interested if Joel isn't, don't know what has transpired. Will work tubeless on the 12" wheels, correct?

Edit: Got a pic of the actual marking on the sidewall?

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joel, sent him a PM, need to confirm part number, should be radial and hopefully 80% aspect ratio, 85% would be over 4" taller than stock. 80% is about 2" over stock, but acceptable.

grounded

Banned
cranetruck what are you looking for on it?
Also got your pm and replied ;) they are at daniels so they are close to you right now well closer then at my place on wed .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a huge fan of the monster deuce tires but if a set of Goodyear M/Ts in 395 showed up at my door, I'd dang sure use them. The smaller M/Ts are an excellent tire.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be leaving the tires In Front Royal, VA (Daniel's?) for the time being and if somebody returning From Aberdeen can pick them up and bring them to my place, I can compensate in fuel or with money for fuel. There is also a tire from Blythwoodjoe to be handled, perhaps at the same time.

Edit: Yes, Kenny, they should be good on wet pavement also, which is a major concern when it comes to off-road tires IMHO.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military is going for them:

May 11, 2009
Goodyear wins big military contract

BAE Tactical Vehicle Systems has picked Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. to outfit its widely used military transport vehicle with original equipment tires.
The vehicles will use size 395/85R20 Goodyear MV/T tires.
The contract calls for 100,000 tires to be delivered through 2010. They will be produced at Goodyear's Danville, Va., plant.
"Goodyear is extremely pleased with BAE Systems' decision to source Goodyear tires exclusively on this platform and, more importantly, this fitment signifies an important step forward in Goodyear's working relationship with one of the world's premier providers of military vehicles," says Kris Fettig, Goodyear military OE account executive.

MilitaryRestoration

not to be the cheap bastard of the bunch but are those prices going to get any cheaper... reason why i ask is that we are having them made for about 200 each right now, however takes a few months to get them. Let me know and maybe change of source is in future...

country

Supporting Vendor
We would like to be able to offer them for less and still be able to make a buck, but there is alot of time in the preparation, materials, and shipping. For now, the price is competitive with other suppliers, and we have a few sets in stock. Also have a few misc. single wheels if anyone needs to make up spares- and dont care if the wheels don't match for the spare

Dave

Last edited:

SMOKEWAGON66

I just got my first rim and tire from Eastern surplus...it looks fantastic! im quite impressed with it and definately gonna get the 5 remaining rims...maybe not with tires mounted, as i found a supplier near here with the same tires for the same price...sans shipping ;) but i do love the rim. Thanks Dave and you will be hearing from me soon with another order.

Smoke

p.s. i havent got to mount it yet because of having to go to work lol..the pics are just the tire setting next to the truck for comparison.

Attachments

Last edited: