• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eastern surplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfarber

I don't think many of you have read about the 'service' than an eastern surp. truck gets.

At what point is a 'good going over' and a filter change worth $6000+?

Are they rebuilding the turbo? Packing bearings? Swapping out old parts for new?

NO.

Read the site. Filter and fluid change. I guess one could assume that if there is a leak they will change a seal, but still nothing, NOTHING they are doing is worth the markup.

Do the trucks come with a WRITTEN warranty? X months/X miles? As most of us know there is no real way to even know what mileage is on a duce. Yet once on the ES lot they are magically transformed into great runners?

OK, I have some bridges I would like to sell.

Most of us would never buy a car for $6k+ without a warranty, yet because its an MV all that logic and common sense goes out the window?

Lastly, since most of us are not taking an MV to a mechanic you are gonna have to learn the ins and outs of the mechanicals. With that extra $6k+ saved that puts a lot of parts and tools into your garage. What is ES going to tell you when you break down and have to pay a $700+ tow bill? I'm sure its along the same lines as GL will tell you: pound sand.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well we are into page FIVE, at this rate we will do the two dead horse pages by 1400, i think we ought to try to keep it going just to see how many dead horse pages we can get out of this, anybody know what the record is for dead horse pages :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nobody is forcing anyone to buy from Eastern Surplus or anyone else for that matter. If you feel his prices are too high, go elsewhere. Seems pretty simple to me. Complaining here isn't doing anyone here a darn bit of good. Oh, the pound sand comment? I wouldn't even think of comparing David Newman's customer service with GL. EVERYONE knows you can't run a business like GL without holding the monopoly on the market, which GL does. Eastern has competition and they are still in business. Must be doing something right!

I think this thread has run it's course. I'm throwing a lock on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks