• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

easy load up of a 5ton wrecker

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
needed to load up a 900 series wrecker down in new orleans for haftract. aka jason and justin wehring from texas got together and shipped this super nice looking truck to texas to do some serious work. haftract first used a large tract hoe but once the hose did a bust out it was all over.. and fluid all over the truck to boot.. so i headed down early last sunday morning for the load out.. time was running out on the shipping trucks schedule.. so my super nice wife pam came along and took this super nice pics.. this should end all doubts as to how much a wrecker can lift up.. and it was done properly .. so here are the pics . we had a great time . even had room on the transport to load a m101A2 heading over to GIjoeCzar in sanantonio .

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great series of pictures! Thanks Tim and Mrs Pam!

Was it hot down there? You guys look wet!

M1075

Looks good. Was this operation EPA compliant? :lol:

With the big meat, can your outriggers reach without use of wood blocks?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazing what this equiptment can do if utilized properly! Great job! Safety is a priority, cause you can get "more" stuff, but life is a one time deal!
God bless!
Tony:grin:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i use 2 blocks of wood.. 3 inches each.. i havent ran out those to see if they would make it without the wood.. it just seams faster and easier for me [thumbzup]

91W350

They are amazing tools! When I went to Iowa to get one of my M715s, the GSA guy loaded it on the trailer with a wrecker. Picked it up, swung it over, boomed down and extended the boom... Somehow I do not think it was his first dance with the wrecker. He did not waste much winch time, nor did he make any movements that he did not need to. He made me a little nervous though, until I recognized his proficiency. My almost new at that time Dodge Cummins 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 was in easy swing range. That 715 was looking pretty big looming over my Dodge. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great guys. I have to say though, working with those big chains and stuff can be taxing in the heat. Was that Jason drenched in sweat? Oh, you can upload 10 pics on each post. I was hoping to see pics of the 101 being loaded with the 936 from the deck of the truck though

wehring

great folks...

Was Jason drenched in sweat... Thinking about some new ideas for the calendar pics are you??? rofl

I am sure that it is NO surprise to anyone on here that Mr Tim and Mrs Pam are truly first rate folks. This was my first interaction with Jason and he is also a can do chap. A solid crew of can do folks can always find a way...

Thanks to all!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112