• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy oil pan change

Ridgerunner

I had to replace the crushed oil pan on my Multi with another one. (ya got to just love, Goverment Liquidations fork trucks :() Before I started, I read a few threads on oil pans and clearance issues, and the remedies to get around the oil pump pick-up/differential interference problems, when changing the pan or gasket. It must have been my lucky day, as this was one of the easiest oil pan swaps I ever did with the engine still in the chassis. I drained the oil, pulled the bolts and dropped the pan. The oil pan to axle, had plenty of clearance room to spare. Well a lifted Deuce, does have some advantages.

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed my pan with no issues...mine is not lifted although if you jack up one side of the frame it will give you a bit more room.