• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy recovery today of M925A1

Gunzy

Got out to Hill AFB, Utah today to pick up the M925A1 we won last week from GP. Was listed as non runner with out batteries so we had planned to use my M923 to tow bar it off. I actually spent Sunday prepping for the recovery to make sure we had everything we needed. Well, we lucked out. After verifying fluid levels and checking it over we put 2 batteries into it for lighting and found them to weak to crank. So we decided to try to slave it before hooking up my H/D tow bar(200lbs of steel). Well this is where luck was beset on us as the truck started and ran fine. On our running/lighting check the only problem found was the tach is inop. and the parking brake cable is broken/froze. Neither of these are serious enough to prevent driving it 8 miles to the lot so of we went. The only other thing of note with the truck is the spare tire crane boom has been removed so we don't have it. All in all a luck filled recovery, and a great buy for a winch truck. Here are a couple pics of it. I wish all my recoveries were this nice as well as the costs.
002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

dmetalmiki

Well done, good purchase, it looks a fine truck. and once all the parts and work gets it back to rights, you seem to have acquired a bargain.