• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy removal of tires and wheels with this 1" impact system for the Deuce

Blendmaster2002

This is my setup to install, remove and ad air to wheels and tires with ease from the 2.5 ton trucks, using the on board air system. I did this a while back so I won’t have every single part number but I do have the main ones and you can figure out the small stuff I leave out.

I picked up a used 20 gal compressor and used only the tank. A 125 psi air flow regulator Harbor freight #68280 which I set to 90 psi the impact wrench required psi, 50ft ½” Goodyear air hose to supply the impact using 3/8 npt Milton P style connectors for the hose, tank and impact with a 3/8” npt airball shut of valve HF#68256 on the tank after the regulator, 25ft 3/8” Goodyear air hose to supply the tank from the truck using ¼”npt quick connectors for the hose, tank and glad hand adapter with a ¼ npt air shutoff ball valve HF#68254 at the tank inlet. 1” pinless air impact wrench Harbor Freight #68128 I chose this model as it only uses 10 cfm and has a 8” anvil(shaft) to get at the rear duals with ease, I only use the 1st setting to tighten up the lugs and remove them since the high setting would be way to much at a 2000ft lbs, comparing to previously tightened lugs by loosening and retightening its usually within an 1/8 of a turn tighter, impact socket is acombo 1 ½” socket and 13/16” square by power products #st1048c. Various npt adapters are used to get everything necked down to the smallest on the impact side of 3/8” npt and ¼”npt on the truck side of the tank, for maximum flow to the gun and even recharge rate from the truck. Then to air up tires I have a Milton tire inflator with a quick disconnect. To lift the truck an 8 ton bottle jack with a steel plate to keep it from sinking in the dirt and wood blocks to place under the jack, four 6 ton jack stands with steel plates under them, I only carry one stand and plate with me, a geared lug wrench and a ¾” drive ratchet and breaker bar with 1 ½” socket to remover the spare and to aid in manual tire removal if need be.

When you change tires Do Not Forget the Drivers Side is Reverse Thread!!!!

Attachments