• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy task made Impossible! Deuce Rocker Cover Bolt

dmetalmiki

So one my friends deuce is knocking away (as usual) and he, (being not of mechanical inclination), I Climbed up to adjust the tappets. (Valve clearances). (ache ache etc etc!)
So out and off come all but one retaining nut for the rocker cover. The Left rear nut is, TOTALLY obstructed by the rear cylinder head nut, being jammed up TIGHT!? against the cover nut. w..?!
Nothing fits the nut. So a very sharp chisel and I 'peel off' the offending head nut side. NOW a (ground down) thin-wall socket fits. My rant over, hope this helps anyone that receives this (otherwise simple) problem. Thoughts? other fixes?. experience?.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edit: Clarified Thread Title, and moved to DEUCE Forum to ease future searching.

Specifically.....
WHAT ENGINE are we talking about here? Multi-Fuel ala M35A2?
OR, is it an earlier or later model?

Thank you for adding the appropriate specifics and hence GREAT VALUE to this thread.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Probably a multifuel as I've had the same thing happen. As stated, a thin wall socket works best, sometimes you have to make custom tools though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks