• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy way to boost performance on a 3116 "wrap those pipes"

From our experience the cooler the compressed air post turbo the better. So we wrapped the intercooler pipes with the same heat protection wrap we used on our dirt bike exhaust pipes. Took it out for a spin and the motor defiantly likes it. During a test drive I could tell a bit more power and better throttle response from this modification.

https://youtu.be/5wjwOK5HBlw

blozup

If I ever get an LMTV that's one of the things I plan on doing. There are various coverings you can get--all very common in the performance turbocharging world.

Another things I plan on doing is taking off and ceramic coating the exhaust so it's not so easily prone to rust. Plus maybe some stainless hardware. Every single LMTV I have seen has nasty looking headers and header bolts. Probably a nightmare to get it off without breaking a stud/bolt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks