• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ebay - just gotta laugh sometimes

GoldComet6

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the ads you see on ebay. While checking out the M1008s & 09s listed I found this. Guess this M1008 seller hasn't looked at GL recently. He might just find out that...surprise!...CUCVs are still available!! :rolleyes:

"If you have been sitting on the fence about buying one of these military trucks then DO NOT DELAY. This is our last one and they are already GONE from all gov't auctions. The only ones you will find after this are ones other people have bought and, for whatever reason, decided they no longer want."

1986 Chevrolet D30 1-ton 4x4

- HIGH OUTPUT J-CODE 6.2 DIESEL
- FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
- TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD TRUCK
- FRONT BRUSH GUARD
- CAMPER SHELL
- FRESH TIRES
- RUNS PERFECT
- DRIVE ANYWHERE

Attachments

ABN173

Here is another #140410615251 This one is missing Brush guard, no slave receptical and missing BO light. It has crome in various places where there should not be any.........

But it was "stored in a bunker for a long time"

Gotta laugh is right!

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Deal Half to laugh at it Ebay He he heheheheheh.:deadhorse:
There is still Plenty out there. Just ready to DX them to the bone yard.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebay doesn't hold a monopoly on them, just look at the ones on here that claim "rust free and low miles" Wayne
Yeah, Only driven by a Lt General on Sundays to the base golf course. Has a rack behind each end of the seat for your woods.

DXTAC

I think my 1009 is the military COPO version with a High Output 6.2L "J" code diesel!!! :-o

He must not have seen the 7 1008's for auction through GL at Sparta, WI starting 1Jun10!

ABN173

I think my 1009 is the military COPO version with a High Output 6.2L "J" code diesel!!! :-o

He must not have seen the 7 1008's for auction through GL at Sparta, WI starting 1Jun10!
I sent him a msg from my ebay account and asked how he could make that claim saying that they are still on GL and GSA.

His reply was:
"Yeah, you can still find some rustbuckets up in Wisconsin or the scrap ones here and there if that's what you're looking for."

Oh on a side note he accepted a offer for 3k and closed the auction. I am not saying the truck was bad because it was pretty nice but to make that claim wow...

davidkroberts

5-6 K huh..... i think im in the wrong business. if it wasnt for that whole... "i have to be able to live with myself" thing i would probably do something similar. 2cents

buyer beware is in full effect on ebay......

Stonepicker1

I was looking at ebay the other day and came across an item that i had saw on the GL site(GL still has it and goes up for bids next week) so this guy is trying to sell something he dosen't even have yet. I think I'll bid high on this item just to mess with him (i'll see what he sells it for on ebay and then bid that on GL):D

DXTAC

I shot him an email through eBay as well and here was his response:

"I'm here to sell this thing not get into e-fights over my ad, but yeah, you can still find some rustbuckets up in Wisconsin or the scrap ones here and there if that's what you're looking for. It has a heavier duty suspension than a regular M1009 including an extra helper spring in the rear. Any other nits you'd like to pick?"

I asked him how his was "High Output" as I wanted to do it to my 1009. I think he was getting pissed at all the emails he was getting holding his feet to the fire!! LOL So I gonna order an extra leaf for the suspension then it will be HO!! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks