• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ebay - just gotta laugh sometimes

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He took it off Ebay he is an joke trying to sell some thing he did not own yet
It was on GL site.
I half say some times big dog's bite back.

GoldComet6

Wow...How much is he asking for that thing??? Lol I don't think I would buy ANYTHING!!! off of some opossum skinner like that.
If my memory serves me right, it was almost $4,000...which wasn't too bad. I thought that you could probably make an offer of around $3000 - $3200 and he'd take it.

The truck looked good, but his ad was what worried me.

combatmech

Here is another #140410615251 This one is missing Brush guard, no slave receptical and missing BO light. It has crome in various places where there should not be any.........

But it was "stored in a bunker for a long time"

Gotta laugh is right!
I saw that truck....Correct me if I'm wrong, arent the true CUCV VIN numbers shorter than normal VIN's?? And the description of the rust.....brilliant

K9Vic

The eBay guy bought that M1008 from a dealer here in Plano Texas that gets them from the GSA auctions. They had a bunch of them a few months ago, but I think no longer have any for sale. I have not seen any CUCV at GSA for 2 months now, but they are not rare or gone yet. Maybe GSA sales are limited to none anymore, but GL they are still a ton of them.

This is a similar one they just recently sold.
1984 Chevrolet Military Truck Camper Shell

ABN173

I saw that truck....Correct me if I'm wrong, arent the true CUCV VIN numbers shorter than normal VIN's?? And the description of the rust.....brilliant

Most CUCV VIN's are the same, it's other vehicles like M35s that are shorter.

I am borrowing from Steal Soldier member Michael's post on the cucv FAQ thread:

How to decode your vin number:

1st digit = Nation of Origin
-- 1 = USA

2nd digit = company
-- G = General Motors

3rd digit = division
-- B = Chevrolet, incomplete example contract maintenance trucks
-- C = Chevy Truck
-- 8 = Multipurpose Vehicle All M1009's (blazers)

4th digit = GVWR/Brake System
-- E = 6001 - 7000 Hydraulic
-- F = 7001 - 8000
-- G = 8001 - 9000
-- H = 9001 - 10000

5th digit = Line Description & Chassis Type
-- C = 2 Wheel Drive 1981-86
-- K = 4 Wheel Drive 1981-86
-- D = military 4/4

6th digit = Series
-- 1 = 1/2 ton
-- 2 = 3/4 ton
-- 3 = 1 ton

7th digit = Body Type
-- 4 = 2 Door Cab
-- 8 = Blazer

8th digit = Engine Description
-- J = 6.2L V8 Diesel

9th digit = character is a check digit to verify VIN accuracy using a mathematical formula

10th digit = Model Year
-- B = 1981 F = 1985
-- C = 1982 G = 1986
-- D = 1983 H = 1987
-- E = 1984

11th digit = assembly plant
-- F = Flint

Hope that helps!
-Dale

combatmech

The eBay guy bought that M1008 from a dealer here in Plano Texas that gets them from the GSA auctions. They had a bunch of them a few months ago, but I think no longer have any for sale. I have not seen any CUCV at GSA for 2 months now, but they are not rare or gone yet. Maybe GSA sales are limited to none anymore, but GL they are still a ton of them.

This is a similar one they just recently sold.
1984 Chevrolet Military Truck Camper Shell
Yeah, I have seen several CUCV 08's and 09's at that place. Went by there back in March. I think it was back before Christmas, but they had a Gen2 CUCV....( the Tahoe )...I had only seen one on Ebay prior to that...

GoldComet6

Some of these ebay sellers are just funny! They are at least uninformed about what they have or perhaps just a little shady in their advertisement. The text of this ad does not inspire any confidence too me. Plus I checked out the seller's feedback and then decided to keep looking!!

- It has Interstate batteries that don't fit right, but they are military issue?
- This 6.2 diesel has larger valves than the civy model....oh really?
- This M1008 has never been off base...uh huh.

1985 Chevrolet D30 1-ton 4x4HIGH OUTPUT J-CODE 6.2 DIESEL
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD TRUCK
FRONT BRUSH GUARD
RUNS PERFECT
DRIVE ANYWHERE

Whether you want to go offroad, to the camp, or to the north slope of Alaska...you need look no further for the perfect ride to do it in than this '85 D30 Pickup. This is the heavy duty military-spec version that just came out of service from the Texas National Guard. This one has an oversize camper shell on back. It was used by a supply unit so that means it probably hasn't been out on the lines getting beat up...it's been putt-ing around the base doing easy time.

Now, you may be asking why the U.S. Goverment is selling a 45,110 mile vehicle with hundreds of thousands of miles of life left in it (not to mention the full size spare under the bed, new glow plug relay, fresh belts, and an almost-new pair of Interstate deep cycle batteries ) at a time when we're trillions of dollars in debt, but hey...our nation's collective loss can be your individual gain!
This military D30 pickup has been upgraded throughout the chassis heavy duty specs that were unavailable on civilian models. It even has the extra rear leaf spring only found on heavy duty-heavy duty military versions. It has a highly-desired Dana 60 axle up front and a GM 14-bolt in back...both with locking differentials for maximum traction. We have parted some of these out in the past and received over $1,000 for the front axle alone! We took it off-road behind my house to check it out and can verify that the four wheel drive system functions perfectly.
You might also be surprised by the fact that they sold it with a set of new or almost new front tires on it. It also has the very desirable military-issue batteries and not just some civilian ones slapped in there to get by. Whenever one of these trucks needs maintenance it is done IMMEDIATELY since the military must ALWAYS be ready. We got a great buy on this truck that we're passing along to you in the form of a LOW PRICE that can't be beat. We wouldn't hesitate to get in this truck and drive it ANYWHERE. We'll even DRIVE it to you anywhere in the continental U.S. for a small fee. When we say this truck is ready to hit the road we aren't just whistling Dixie...we'll do it ourselves!
This is powered by the legandary heavy duty non EGR J-code 6.2 Liter diesel engine. It produces 180horsepower versus the civilian model that makes 150hp. The heavy duty engine uses larger valves in the head, another special feature that you cannot get in a civilian Blazer. Basically it is a 1 ton version engine. On cold start up there is no smoke, not even when you full throttle it. It is probably the cleanest emissions older diesel we have ever driven. These engines are also factory dual exhaust, front to rear.

Mechanically it is perfect, it needs nothing. The military has to be ready at all costs, so should something in the fleet need repairs it is fixed immediatly. Maintence is a top priority. It is still a dual battery 24 volt system. By driving it I know why they set them up that way. First off most of their equipment is a 24 volt, so it does have a slave plug on the front grille. They can pull up to a tank or whatever and jumpstart it with out opening up the hood. With that extra voltage it starts much faster then most 6.2 Liter diesels do. The glow plugs warm up faster and the starter motor turns the engine over faster also. The rest of the truck is 12-volt so no special equipment is required if you want to add a stereo or need to change a light bulb.

Another neat feature is this, the military specially equipped the CUCV's with a bullet proof reliable TH400 automatic transmission with 4.56 gearing in the diferentials to allow you to run extra-tall tires.
So the military had these special built for toughness and longevity. Good engine, good trans = one tough and dependable monster.

I actually bought one on these trucks from this J**kA**... He had a very clean, exceptionally so, listed, but it sold.. so I had inquired and he said he had just listed another one and posted pictures....So, I looked it up and there and behold, was a most prestine truck....I sent an offline and inquired as to its' condition, he claimes it was original....I bought it.. I sent the girl who was living with myself and my wife to Mississippi to pick it up, she drove it back up... I discover that it was not the truck pictured, but a different and lesser conditioned truck, good, but lesser conditioned, not even the same mileage as pictured on the odomoeter.... Nor would he answer phone calls from me afterward....Yes sir, Old Bob is a c**ks**ker in my book and so is his "lawyer" son there in Jackson, Miss......

K9Vic

I actually bought one on these trucks from this J**kA**... He had a very clean, exceptionally so, listed, but it sold.. so I had inquired and he said he had just listed another one and posted pictures....So, I looked it up and there and behold, was a most prestine truck....I sent an offline and inquired as to its' condition, he claimes it was original....I bought it.. I sent the girl who was living with myself and my wife to Mississippi to pick it up, she drove it back up... I discover that it was not the truck pictured, but a different and lesser conditioned truck, good, but lesser conditioned, not even the same mileage as pictured on the odomoeter.... Nor would he answer phone calls from me afterward....Yes sir, Old Bob is a c**ks**ker in my book and so is his "lawyer" son there in Jackson, Miss......

With the anger to this seller that you posted, I would suggest that no one even consider a purchase from this seller. He should be banned from eBay for his conduct and lies in his listing. If he did not ship you what is pictures is that not a violation of eBay policies? I would think it would be, if not some type of criminal issue for the police. Only way it could not be if he has a comment saying "Pictures are examples only, you will receive a similar truck"

Well with his feedback, I hope that any possible bidders do not bid. I know I would stay far away with a rating like that and the negative comments about the Blazer.

K9Vic

I love the M35A3 ad also , alot of rare stuff that every A3 has... but the M1008 one never leaving the base takes it.

They leave the base, I found a Walmart receipt in a M1008 I had when I was cleaning it out. Was Corpus Cove Texas Walmart just outside of Fort Hood. Plus how would anyone even know if it did or did not leave the base, that is just stupid. Then what would it matter if it did leave base, at least maybe it was driven over 30mph on a real road.

I hate sellers on eBay that try to make something sound better then it really is, or state that something is rare that is not. Or they make a standard part like a transmission sound like it is made of titanium alloy and better then the one in your 1979 C10 gas pickup.

ABN173

The M1008 being in a National Guard unit most likely had an off-base HQ anyways which means anytime they went to a range or had to roll out the motor pool they were off-base.

With the anger to this seller that you posted, I would suggest that no one even consider a purchase from this seller. He should be banned from eBay for his conduct and lies in his listing. If he did not ship you what is pictures is that not a violation of eBay policies? I would think it would be, if not some type of criminal issue for the police. Only way it could not be if he has a comment saying "Pictures are examples only, you will receive a similar truck"

Well with his feedback, I hope that any possible bidders do not bid. I know I would stay far away with a rating like that and the negative comments about the Blazer.
Correct, it should have been, but I was overseas, so I had him send the invoice to my wife, as ebay suspends my account because they notice "suspicious IP addresses to purchases from out of country (4 times) and then it takes forever to have that clarified. Needless to say, there is no feedback option, even though afterward I emailed and told him how wonderfully happy I was with him and to send me an invoice for $1.00 just so I could leave feedback....He didn't bite. But I do think everyone should know about them!

When I contacted ebay and outlined the entire situation, they offered to provide his contact information, which if they had listened, would know I already had! Ebay's security is totally useless also...

They leave the base, I found a Walmart receipt in a M1008 I had when I was cleaning it out. Was Corpus Cove Texas Walmart just outside of Fort Hood. Plus how would anyone even know if it did or did not leave the base, that is just stupid. Then what would it matter if it did leave base, at least maybe it was driven over 30mph on a real road.

I hate sellers on eBay that try to make something sound better then it really is, or state that something is rare that is not. Or they make a standard part like a transmission sound like it is made of titanium alloy and better then the one in your 1979 C10 gas pickup.
With ebay's strict disclosure policies, I did not give it much thought, coupled with the fabulous pictures the seller provided...Definitely not the same truck that arrived at my house! Could not even be mistaken for it in a drunken stupor, which I also tried!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks