• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECU generator/HVAC

Gnolt

i need a schematic for my generator its Hanco 20kw
part number is 2359807
Serial number 111
Fscm 1saf5
Model 20rfh33dwlp

When I checked the voltage today I was only getting half of what I should have been. Got something like 73volts out of the 110v outlet on the generator. I was only getting 125v out of the ecu at the input but it should have been 208v across all 3 legs. Any ideas what's going on.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Applied didn't have the gen manual. If your rpms are low then you can get low voltage. Could be a regulation issue also. I have found multiple poor crimp connections in the control box of these gens.

Gnolt

Applied didn't have the gen manual. If your rpms are low then you can get low voltage. Could be a regulation issue also. I have found multiple poor crimp connections in the control box of these gens.
Is the control box with the poor crimps located directly over the generator or is it behind the outside panel where you start it. The motor seems to run strong is there a way to tell if it's running to slow.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Behind the panel. That's the control box. Face folds down there are breakers in the engine compartment back of the box housing though. The digital display has connectors in the back that can slip out. There is a voltage adjust knob also on the control panel but it shouldn't allow for voltage that low. The fuel solenoid is variable it controls engine speed also.

rsms

just curious if there is a tachometer provision or is it possibly displayed in the multifunction display and I did not notice. I figured with the speed sensor off the flywheel it is being or atleast could be monitored. I thought is would be of interest to know if I was running at 1800rpms.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Dont believe the display does rpms. Maybe tap off the governor module. Pull the fuel solenoid out the engine will run at full rpms. I have done it and it does not seem to over rev.

Gnolt

Dont believe the display does rpms. Maybe tap off the governor module. Pull the fuel solenoid out the engine will run at full rpms. I have done it and it does not seem to over rev.
How do I tap off the governor module. I'm guessing it's one of the three main modules behind the control panel. If so could you tell me exactly which one it is and what wire I would need to disconnect. I also emailed you some pictures please let me know what you think I should do exaclty

Last edited:

Gnolt

I would have to look. I believe the modules and their connections are labeled.
I pulled the selenoid and nothing changed it was still giving 73volts at a 120v outlet. The motor sounds like it's running properly but I can't figure out why it has low voltage. Should the selenoid stay retracted the entire time the motor is running.

Yes all three legs show low

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its variable. Retracts to start then moves to adjust fuel rate. So you probably have a regulation issue. I would check all the connections in the box. Check the connections on the back of the led display they just push in. Check the manual voltage adjust knob does it feel right? Chances are its something simple. Do all 3 legs show low?

Gnolt

I pulled the selenoid and nothing changed it was still giving 73volts at a 120v outlet. The motor sounds like it's running properly but I can't figure out why it has low voltage. Should the selenoid stay retracted the entire time the motor is running.

Yes all three legs show low
Its variable. Retracts to start then moves to adjust fuel rate. So you probably have a regulation issue. I would check all the connections in the box. Check the connections on the back of the led display they just push in. Check the manual voltage adjust knob does it feel right? Chances are its something simple. Do all 3 legs show low?
All 3 legs are equally low. Found some loose connections but still didn't fix my issue. Any other ideas

Gnolt

When I pulled the fuel selenoid the motor increased in Rpms but voltage stayed constant but at 73volts out of the 120 outlet.
Any other ideas

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No it was raining and I was busy bidding in humvees that I don't really need. Supposed to be nicer tommorrow. Gotta be something in the regulation circuit. I think those modules are over the counter civilian parts.

Gnolt

All three legs are running equally low about 73volts and when motor is spead up manually volts hold constant At 73 volts. Anyone out there have schematic on how the electronic regulation works on this thing. Trim knob seems normal and can bring it up to 83 volts but something else is still wrong. Anyone know if the windings can loose partial charge or if there is any way to re electrifying them or does this machine do that on its own

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The head is marked internally regulated. Call Southwest see if they can email you a manual. Has to be a bad connection or maybe one of the modules went bad.

Gnolt

I took the whole unit to a generator shop today and the guy said it has to be the regulater so he took the four bolts off the box directly over the generator. He then adjusted the regulator which is the screw on the far right as you look at the box from the rear marked volts. Problem solved. Thanks for all your help.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
So the regulator is on the head. Interesting. I bet that head can be reconfig for single phase output and the regulator would still work since its integrated like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks