• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECV front Drive shaft coupler help P/N

HmmwvTim

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the proper part for the front coupler shaft that connects the front propeller shaft to the front diff. It is for an ECV m1165 12k (not the A1). The only part number I can find is the 12342620-1 in the TM. The AM general does not have the ECVs as compatible for this part number. Everywhere else I looked, I can not find any other part number for that part. Does anyone have an ECV compatible part number and photo/link?
Any help would be nice.
Thanks.
Tim

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so the number you listed crosses over to some other numbers in Parttarget

download (60).jpg

one of those part numbers is 6002629 , which shows up in TM 9-2320-387-24P, the parts manual for the ECV.

ECV prop shaft 1.jpg
item number 6 below.
ECV prop shaft 2.jpg

This manual covers M1113 through M1165A1. I saw no UOC for this shaft, meaning it should be the same one for all ECV and REV covered by this manual.

HmmwvTim

so the number you listed crosses over to some other numbers in Parttarget

TM 9-2320-387-24P
This manual covers M1113 through M1165A1. I saw no UOC for this shaft, meaning it should be the same one.
Thanks... so the two numbers are the same. I saw that on some ebay items, they had the same number. I wish the amgeneral parts site would have this corrected. It was the same with the yoke caliper backer. Same part but not mentioned on the site.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks... so the two numbers are the same. I saw that on some ebay items, they had the same number. I wish the amgeneral parts site would have this corrected. It was the same with the yoke caliper backer. Same part but not mentioned on the site.
yes, you'll end up seeing a lot of parts listed by one part number or another, that end up being identical.

The website I linked above, Parttarget, usually comes up in searches of part numbers or the NSN (National Stock Number if you are unfamiliar) and is a great reference for finding any other manufacturer part numbers for the same part.
The military/government uses NSN to keep track, individual manufacturers use part numbers, so the NSN is usually the best way to search for parts.

I know for some parts I'll pull up the parttarget page for that NSN and start going through every part number listed on Napa or Oreilly's website, and usually only get a hit on one or two out of a dozen possible manufacturer part numbers for engine parts or other items not specific to the HMMWV.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is every part number that shows up when you look under the NSN 2520-01-423-5120
12342620-1 19207
12342620-1 34623
2520PL0644268 9009H
456720022907 0000V
6002629 34623
6002629 19207
915806-1618 72447

HmmwvTim

yes, you'll end up seeing a lot of parts listed by one part number or another, that end up being identical.

The website I linked above, Parttarget, usually comes up in searches of part numbers or the NSN (National Stock Number if you are unfamiliar) and is a great reference for finding any other manufacturer part numbers for the same part.
The military/government uses NSN to keep track, individual manufacturers use part numbers, so the NSN is usually the best way to search for parts.

I know for some parts I'll pull up the parttarget page for that NSN and start going through every part number listed on Napa or Oreilly's website, and usually only get a hit on one or two out of a dozen possible manufacturer part numbers for engine parts or other items not specific to the HMMWV.
This is good information to know. Thanks~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks