• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ecv grill install

ohiohmmwv

I'm working on the ecv front end and hood. I'm looking at the parts manual at the 2 different frame extension parts. Neither list m1151 at the top of the page but I'm not sure that matters. Can either setup work to support the ecv front nose grill? What about ecv with winch setup?Image1468775625.689716.jpg
Image1468775633.916167.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both bracket part numbers are the same on fig. 148 and 253,....just the drawing is wrong.
They will work....and look like pic 2 [ fig. 253 } tm9-2320-387-24p

ohiohmmwv

Thanks guys. Pics really helped. Will there be any problems using the original bracket that has the tie down loop? My original one has 2 holes in the front where the tear drop bolts in. I was hoping not to have to drop another $200 on more brackets.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Teardrop loops can only be used on the brackets in camoyj7 photo above.

MarkyMarkAllan

Doing my own EVC nose install and i want to keep it clean looking. i'm just trying to give it the newer look. Can someone tell me what the part numbers are for the ECV winch plate support? I circled them in the pic.
And can someone help me out and show me how to bolt up the tri-angled ECV nose support structure to a non-ecv hood? I am going to use well nuts for the four bolts across the top of the hood, however how do I bolt the front three bolt to the hood without having them protrude out the front of the hood? I hear there is a bracket or plate that attaches somewhere in there. Thanks for your help!
-Mark
1.jpg
1.jpg

Action

Those three bolts in your second pic thread into a 1" thick aluminum block that is slid into a void in the hood.
I am confused about you using a non-ECV hood. If you bolt those triangular brackets to a non-ECV hood, it will rip apart when you open the hood...

MarkyMarkAllan

I've heard of people doing it, and even read a few posts where it's been done on G503. (I still haven't gotten a response back) The four bolts along the top portion of the triangular Support arm need to be anchored in with well nuts, however I can't figure out the The front mount as you described. From what I've heard the military first converted hoods to ECV Style by cutting the hood out as I'm proposing before hoods were replaced with the redisigned A2 ECV style hoods. I'd love to just buy a new hood, but they're sparse and a ton of money to ship. Anyone else with a solution? Thanks so much. -Mark

Action

There is only one bolt at the top of each triangular bracket, and 2 through the front bumper. The top one goes through the metal bracing along the bottom of the grill. On top is a retaining plate with two nuts welded to it.
This is all in the TMs.
You can just cut the grill from a regular hood and install it in the snout, then attach the big hinge bracket to the bottom of the hood, along with some other minor mods.

spitfire1745

I was wondering would a stub nose and a ecv hood still work with a mile marker winch? The winch that bolts to the lower control arm. My plan for my truck is to convert my hood to a ecv hood with the stub with a ibis tec bumper. Wondering if someone can help me with part number . Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks