• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECV hood Harness Diagram 12469143

HmmwvTim

Hello all, I am trying to get my hood lights done correctly. My hood wires were cut before the canister plugs. I got new canister plugs and a pair of 12469143 harnesses. Does anyone have a functional diagram of this harness? I have a parts diagram from the TM but that doesn’t help me Much.

i am trying to determine which wire is hot using the multimeter and different light switch configurations.
i know there is:
light on
signal (found this wire)
blackout light (left side only)
IR light
side marker? (might be tied to the light on wire)
ground (might be tied to the frame instead of a wire)

i don’t fully understand how each wire signal is setup so any input would be nice.85A46AE9-895E-471B-A171-882E989EB3E4.jpeg0451629B-0797-488F-816C-4EFE504A4634.jpeg

HmmwvTim

Toning out the wires from the pigtail connection with a multi-meter is the easiest way to tell whats what. Just reference the diagram for the letter on the pins.
Wow… this helps out a lot. glad I took electrical engineering To be able to read this. I am surprised that A and B are separate wires on the plug since they come from the same wire on the harness.A3BC1524-A945-4F51-ADC7-AE9249678FCB.jpeg

I was able to figure out which wire was which and which port it should go to.

Last edited:

rhino1515

I was able to figure out which wire was which and which port it should go to.
Outstanding!

I am surprised that A and B are separate wires on the plug since they come from the same wire on the harness.
Yeah, kinda odd where they do the joins within the harness. There are a few in between the 2 pigtail ports. It makes toning things out a bit more challenging, but still doable. The M1167 I am working on currently had the main harness cut between the 2 pigtails in the nose-piece. It took me a few hrs to verify all 12 wires each way before I was able to put it all back together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks