• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Edelbrock Frt Shocks $6

IRWFO

I just got a sale paper from Summit Racing. They have the Edelbrock Performer IAS Twin-Tube Front Shocks, Full Size GM Pickup '69-'91 on clearance for $6 each. Reg. $49.95. Stock, 4" & 6" lifts. I just ordered some so they are in stock. My extras will be on sale next year for $25 each. :p

summitracing.com

ragedracer

I'm thinking that you wont sell them here...

I'm fairly sure those are for independent suspension trucks, not solid axle 4WD.

*But I've known to be wrong. With an eyelet on one end and a stud on another, they aren't going to fit M1009's...

Last edited:

davo727

I think that stud-eyelet thing is a misprint. The application data all says 69-87 K10-K30. For $6 ea im gonna see what shows up. I ordered for my 1028 and they also had them on sale for my later chevy trucks.

12 shocks total = $81.95

86M10086.2L

For the price it's not too bad of a gamble, but be warned I have bought several things from summit for my truck M1008 that was advertised to fit but didn't, not even close. They like to throw that 69-91 Fullsize Blazer/K10-K30 pickup around alittle too much. I have a feeling most of the stuff is meant for half ton equipment, so with the Blazer your probably ok. But the one size fits all doesn't always work with the K30's. If they do then thats quite the sale.

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

They're not $50 shocks. They're $30 shocks at best with the $20 name. You can buy real Bilsteins for these trucks for about $60 each if you look around and even cheaper sometimes. I got Rough Country Nitro 9000's for $35 each from JCWhitney with free shipping last year. They're nitrogen charged monotubes.

However if these had been on sale for $6 when I bought mine I'd have definitely grabbed them. It's a deal.

Now you wanna talk about some King external resevoir bypass shocks? $150 is cheap!

hobie237

Still- I'm used to a $30 shock being a 50,000 mile take-off, not anything new, a $50 shock being a no-name China junker, and a decent shock being a minimum of $80-$120 per corner, up to ~$500 per corner if really serious.

AJMBLAZER

Eh, NAPA's Truck Shocks are actually nitrogen charged monotubes and can be had for $25 each or so. They usually even have the big book o'shocks with the mount types and expanded and collapsed dimensions so you can find shocks just like what you need.
Welcome to the world of trucks and not little buzz bombs.:-D;-)

IRWFO

I received my shocks today. All looks good and the boxes were in perfect condition. They even include black shock boots. This is one of the best deals I came across in a long time. I also grabbed the 10K tow strap of around $23. Another real good deal.

OLDCHEV4X4

I received my shocks today. All looks good and the boxes were in perfect condition. They even include black shock boots. This is one of the best deals I came across in a long time. I also grabbed the 10K tow strap of around $23. Another real good deal.
Did they have eye's at both ends? Or a eye and a stud?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks