• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Edmond, OK, Parade of Lights 12/02/10

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on our awesome showing during the Edmond July 4th Parade (2nd Place), and taking 2st PLACE last year, in the Light Parade the City of Edmond has requested The Oklahoma Convoy for the Parade of Lights next month.

The event is Thursday, December 2rd and starts at 6:45pm from the campus of UCO. Our rally point and rally time are TBD.

Please decorate your vehicle with holiday lights and a general theme of supporting our troops. More details to follow.

Here is last years pictures.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mo-ok-ar-ks-tx-rally/43880-edmond-ok-parade-lights-12-03-09-a.html

Last edited:

OEFISHER

Sign me up!

Finally something on a day I don't have to work. I will bring my M35A2 and M105 trailer. Really looking forward to putting faces with your guys names. Just send me the info on were to met etc. [thumbzup]

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going with a Santa theme this year.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again, the same as last year:

"Parade participants shall not throw, hand out, project by any means, any items from parade entries"

"All horses must be Diapered!!!"

I wonder if that includes all of us Horses' Arsses also? :doh:

hoopsoft

Once again, the same as last year:

"Parade participants shall not throw, hand out, project by any means, any items from parade entries"

"All horses must be Diapered!!!"
I hated it when you couldn't throw candy anymore, a real shame, I think we've gone too far, is OSHA handling parades now.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will again meet at the WalMart at I-35 and 15th Street in Edmond, OK at 5:00pm

We will then Convoy to the staging area at the University of Central Oklahoma at 5:30.

The parade starts at 6:45pm

I have signed us up for 6 trucks, so let me know if you can attend.

Tackettr

Warthog,
Thanks for taking the lead on this! I am planning on being there. M1075 & I meet for lunch yesterday and took our prize money to order some banners.

Has anyone checked with the Blue Star Mothers of Norman? They were very interested in a truck to ride in for the Norman Christmas Parade. I don't have any details about it, but I think it is a day parade.

M813A1

Ok Guys I have my truck all lit up and is ready to go !!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone again !! I hope to see quite a few people !!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys. The parade meet up is in 24hrs at the I-35 Walmart in Edmind and I have only had a couple of people confirm.

OEFisher - affirmative
M813A1 - affirmative
Warthog - affirmative
Tackettr - affirmative
M1075 - out - birthday bashing with Barney
Mikew - maybe

Everyone check in that will be there.

We don't want to be beaten by the Model A club again this year!!!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank everybody that showed up last night. We had a total of 5 trucks. OEFisher, M813A1, Tackettr, Kaiser and Warthog. Also I want to thank Randy for showing up before the Parade. There was another newbie SS that hasn't made any posts yet.

All in all it was a great event, The weather was so much better than laster year.

Looking forward to next years 4th of July Parade and Christmas Light Parade.

Warthog out.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks