• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EFS Surplus yard In Grantsville, Utah, 20 minutes from Jack Tomlins old yard..

Eaglhawk

Hi everyone! I have a bunch of military surplus that I have been using to build up a personal collection of military trucks and equipment. I worked with Jack Tomlin for several years and built up my own yard from some equipment of his after he passed away. It is not the same since he passed away.:sad: I also acquired military equipment from the defunct Red river yard and Fred sweden's yard along with many trucks and parts from the GSA and GovLiquidation and other government agencies. I am now cleaning up my yard and plan to cut my yard size in half to just my personal collection.
I mostly have M880's, M715, CUCV's, 2 1/2 Ton, BMY's, and 5 Ton trucks. I do have over 100 nearly new Gamma Goat tires on rims, (500 others in various condition), also 100's of M151 jeep tires on rims... Sideboards, Leaflet bombs, winches, 5Ton wrecker parts, and some WWII Scout parts. I mostly use the parts to fix up my own trucks and have been trying to keep other peoples military parts from going to the scrapyard by buying up all the deals I can. I usually post my sales on Ksl.com but decided to open up by using Steel soldiers to help each other with our collections. After I get used to using this site I will use the classified section of this site...
Thanks!
Alan Morris

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Agreed, Jack's passing (along with way too many others these days) has been really sad. Glad to see you try to put his and others' accumulations to good use. It's amazing how quickly one person can get overwhelmed with surplus and not be able to manage everything anymore. Seems like I spend more time with cutting weeds than working on trucks these days. Looking forward to see what you have to sell. We have been watching Jack's trucks sell on GL for the last year. What was the EFS yard?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got word today, I have to head back to Reno at the end of September before heading to the GA rally. Hopefully I can stop in. Shoot me a PM with contact info or a location!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What series 5 Ton wrecker parts? Thanks for sharing. We can load up HendersonJ for his trip to the Rally with good parts :)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember don't turn this into a classified. To sell here you must become a premium member ($15) and you can have 10 ads (at any time) over the year.

Eaglhawk

Yes, I will not post items to sell until I pay the membership fee. Anyways I am basically 7 miles NW of Grantsville city off Hwy-138. If someone Is in the area they will need to call me since the EFS depot yard is a half mile inside a private gated road. I will give my phone number is someone messages me or they could find it my searching KSL.com for military trucks, etc by Alan Morris in Grantsville. I usually have an ad or two selling my extra parts I will not need for my restorations. Tomorrow I will take an aerial photograph of my EFS main yard and post it here in a day or two. Oh, here is a pic of one of my new rare purchases, that I am working to restore....IMG_0378.jpg

Eaglhawk

For the 5 ton wrecker I have spare winches, booms, rams, etc. I bought 2 of Jack Tomlin's old wreckers and winches from another defunct yard. I bought one as parts to fix a NEW 89 BMY wrecker where the boom is bent (Idiots shouldn't run wreckers!!!) and the other to finish putting together as one of Jacks old projects. They are the older multifuel wreckers but much of the turret parts fit the newer BMY wreckers.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's some great looking terrain. Looks like some of those two tracks and hills would make for a fun drive in a deuce.

Eaglhawk

Well, That is my place all right. That sat pic was made as I was excavating the new yard. It is more orderly now and today I replaced a transmission in the truck to haul 200 tons of scrap metal to recycling... DON'T WORRY, I am keeping every little good part. Only target vehicles and absolute junk is being scrapped.... The artillery range is down in my quarry area.... 1500 yards long, 200 feet wide and 200 feet deep....

frenchman

well couple years ago went to that place and bought seven gama got tire from alain price was right if you plan on going there and spent the day
be prepared with water and food nothing around the small town is not to close look like the yard got biger with more truck since i was there
frenchman

frenchman

sorry biker bill i dont have his phone number anymore it was a cell and probably no longer in service back then i meet him in town and we drove to his place

other wise you could never find this place
frenchman

Eaglhawk

Hello everyone! I am back from my 4 month trip in China. I am currently working on my new home on top of the mountain and am going through my yard sorting out parts to complete a few projects. I still have bunch of gamma goat tires and jeep tires that I am going to sell out since I do not collect those vehicles. Also I will be selling about half of my trucks. I have too much stuff for my collection and I want my yard manageable for just me. I am pretty busy but will make time for serious buyers or collectors... I will also post equipment for sale on ksl.com...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks