• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eglin AFB Pick-up, delivery to GA Rally????????

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

It looks like I was lucky enough to win one of the 125 "Command Post Tents" that went on GL today at Eglin AFB in Florida. :p :p

Now, I need someone out there in the SS Network who would be willing to pick it up for me and bring it to the GA Rally. Or any combination of picking it up, dropping it off to someone else and so on. Just so I can get it picked up before the time runs out and get it to the rally.

Anybody out there who can assist??????????

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won one of the tents as well - need someone to pick up and either pack/ship it to me, or give to someone at the GA rally who may be coming up through this way (doghead?). Anyone near the Eglin AFB, please PM me. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on what I drive down, I should be able to bring it back from the GA rally, MD.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Woodywood is delivering a trailer to Jacksonville tomorrow...if you can get ahold of him or ALREDNECK he may be able to divert and pick them up....he will be headed back up to my place to get his car and he can leave them with me. I will bring them to the GA rally.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would work out good if the PIF invoice comes back by then, the auction just ended at 5:00 today.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
According to GL website Eglin does not load out on Friday.
I don't think the invoice will clear that soon.
You might call and ask tomorrow...and call GL Eglin and see if their policy has changed.
God forbid that they do somthing to actually help the customer.

Alredneck

Banned
I just got off the phone with Woody he got held up at Bragg. I got to call Eglin in the morning and see if they will work with us. if so I could get Woody to throw them on the tractor with a winch we are picking up as well. Worse case scenario it will be next week. Pm me some contact info and we can bring this stuff to the rally.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny and Captain (Recovry and Alredneck)

PM sent to both of you. Thanks for the offers, you guys are the best.

This is just one of the many reasons why Steel Soldiers is the best web forum in the world.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a friendly little BUMP, in case anybody else has a more definite plan or can offer more help.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my paid in full invoice, but I think I'm too late for the gent who is going there today to pick them up.

Anyone going to Eglin sometime next week that might be able to get it to the GA rally?

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also got my paid invoice yesterday if anbody can help I can fax it to you .If not I will go down after I get back from WI to pick up my new goat. And if anybody still needs pick up I will let you know a couple of days in advance of the day I plan on being down there.
Twright
7 M35s
4Mi105s
M1028
2M1009s
1goat.
And have a fine Navy Day

Green_gator

I have to go and pick up two of these tents as well and bring them back to Tampa. Anyone know how large and heavy these tents are as that will determine recovery vehicle / time / fuel for pick up? I am coming to the Georgia rally and could bring some there in my 105 trailer. Of course, if any one else is going and wants to grab mine I will gladly pick up tents at the rally instead of delivery. Looks like plenty of tents for the Georgia rally.

Green_gator

I just got off of the phone with the GL rep at Eglin. Apparently all but two of these tents are brand new and all of them are still in the wood crates. The crates weight about 400 lbs and are approximately 2 1/2' X 2 1/2' X 5'. They do load outs Monday to Thursday from 7 am to 2 pm CST.

Alredneck

Banned
Ok Speddmon, your tent is secured. Maddawg I sent ya a pm and folks I didnt know about yalls, sorry im in IL while Woody was down south and Woody doesnt have the NET inhis truck yet. ( Working on squaring him away:-x ) So we have to go down there again in a week or two, so if yall still need them picked up PM me or heck just call my cell 931-302-7189 ( write this down cause you will need it later:-D ) Im headed back to TN but will be at FT Polk on Monday. after that im sorta free. If I know how many tents everyone bought then I could possible pick them all up in one trip next week. Or if Gator gets them then we can pick them up at his place or make other arrangements. Yall talk it over and get back with us!:roll:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Captain, You are the man!!!!!!!!!! :not worthy:

Did Woody tell you if they are in the crates or just the bags? Now I'm curious to see if they come with everything that they are supposed to be issued with. Like the map board and table and lights? If they don't that's fine with me, I mostly just am after the tent anyway...but it's always nice to get all the goodies. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Gimpy good news.........

Looks like we're not sleeping in the rain at GA!!!!!!!!! :razz: :-D :razz: :-D :razz: :-D :razz: :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, BBF has a deuce up there. He's waiting on an EUC. He said he's got some space on his shippers truck. I don't mind helping but don't know how many of these I can tote to the rally with all my junk.