• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eglin AFB Pick-up, delivery to GA Rally????????

Alredneck

Banned
Kenny I got more junk for you to take back, deuce tub, tires, runflats or beadlocks, a deuce for a good price:-D im doing a fire sale! HEHEHE!

Speddmon dont thank me I just made some phone calls Woody is doing the southern driving right now in my tractor! He said the tent was in a good sized box. I can get pics tomorrow for ya!

Also for those who have stuff down there, one of us will be back there in the near future so just get with us. I got some room on the trailer for the rally. Worse comes to worse we can shove off Recoverys stuff on the side of the road to make room!:roll: Picking we got quite a bit of room. Now only to keep DOT away!:-D

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll still say thanks again. How's this....

Woody, you are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :not worthy:

Seriously, You guys do so much for the folks on here I don't know how we can say thanks.

Alredneck

Banned
Maddawg didnt get his invoice to me in time. But we are working the issue, there are others needing to pick up there stuff as well. I put out for everyone still needing a pickup to get with me. I might be up in VA over the next few weeks if so I will call ya Gimpy and get the info for ya stuff. Between Redstone and Eglin those two places keep us pretty busy!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, for those of us that won some of these tents, I was doing a little research today. Green_gator said in an earlier post that he spoke with the GL rep at Eglin and was told that the tents are brand new in the crates (most of them anyway). I was looking for the TM online and doing a little research about them. Going strictly by the NSN provided in the GL auction, these tents DO NOT come with the map boards, table or light sets. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I haven't seen mine or seen any pics yet to verify any of this, but as soon as I do I'll let ya know. If anybody else gets this information before I do, please post up. I'm curious whether GL screwed up again or not.

woodywood

Private
speddmon i got your tent on the truck here in dancyville tn. was gonna drop the truck back at wreckermans but the trans is shot pouring oil out the front making awful noises along with the clutch slipping real bad!(i know the oil probably is causing it but the clutch is adjusted all the way out so it needs replaced too!) thanks especially to the gl guys at eglin and bragg!a big boo goes out to the aholes at the gate at bragg who dont know a cherokee from a deuce and also those people at the east gate at eglin who acted like my color mattered.another thanks to the security guy at the commercial gate at eglin without him no tent no winch!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woody, I'm happy to hear you made it back safely. I know it's no fun trying to drive around with a leaking tranny/clutch problems. You did a heck of a job getting back to TN from FL with a tranny going south on ya.

Apparently, even the thought of stopping at WM's brought Murphy from his hiding spot and forced him to show his ugly face :-D.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my Paid in Full invoice, is it too late to have someone pick up my tent and bring to the Georgia Rally? Please let me know, otherwise I have to find a shipper quick.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alredneck said:
Ok Speddmon, your tent is secured. Maddawg I sent ya a pm and folks I didnt know about yalls, sorry im in IL while Woody was down south and Woody doesnt have the NET inhis truck yet. ( Working on squaring him away:mad: ) So we have to go down there again in a week or two, so if yall still need them picked up PM me or heck just call my cell 931-302-7189 ( write this down cause you will need it later:grin: ) Im headed back to TN but will be at FT Polk on Monday. after that im sorta free. If I know how many tents everyone bought then I could possible pick them all up in one trip next week. Or if Gator gets them then we can pick them up at his place or make other arrangements. Yall talk it over and get back with us!:roll:
Captain said he was heading down there again this week or next...and he posted his cell number to get in touch with him if you still need him.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Looks like there will be no shortage of shelter at the GA rally.
My plan is to bring the expando van with a M101 full of firewood hooked behind it.
I will have the inflatable shelter for a hooch....can prob handle a roomate if you can stand my snoring.
The van will be full of trade goods and some bulk food for the MKT cookout.
I'll score some spuds at the flea market so we can have real KP (tater peeling).
Also bringing my big deep fryer in case any chicken makes it's way to camp.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Captain said he was heading down there again this week or next...and he posted his cell number to get in touch with him if you still need him.
Sent him a PM and left a message on his cellphone, no answer as of yet. Hopefully he gets my message before he goes there again. :(

As a backup, is there anyone else near Eglin that might be willing to swing by and get my tent for some beer money, and bring to GA rally?

flyingmikester

I can lend a hand

I live in South Tampa I just aquired a deuce from a fellow s.s. here in tampa. I can bring it to the georgia rally or ensure it finds its propper home. Send me a pm ill give you my number so we can work out the details

-Semper Fi

JB

Picked up three tents this morning. Met Green_Gator and talked a few minutes but we had to get out of the way since we were loaded and needed to go. Some of the tents they (GL) had there were complete sets including the tables & etc. So some people may be pleasantly surprised when they open their presents.
8340-01-323-2454 Modular Command Post Complete Tent rather than a 'basic" tent.

BTW sorry we could not help pickup any one elses but we were loaded down and did not know when exactly we could go until yesterday.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info....now I'm gonna be like a kid at Christmas time waiting to get to the rally to find out if mine was one of the "Good" ones or not.....:-x

Alredneck

Banned
Ah Maddawg can you call me. I left some messages for ya the other day. I got a tent on my truck from this morning, would like to know whos it belongs to. 931-302-7189