• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EGT harness question

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several feet of extra wire tied up behind the dash for the EGT. Is this length critical for impedance matching or can I take out the extra?

runk

The wire is likely special thermocouple wire. Any cuts will need to be welded with no filler metals, or crimped with special thermocouple connectors, matching the specific thermocouple type. Other splices or changes will change the level of the temperature signal outside the range of the gauge.
I'd leave it alone.

runk

And re-reading the post, specifically the length of the wire doesn't make any practical difference. (unless you're getting into the 100's of feet range)
So, if there is a re-useable connection on the back of the gauge, you could probably shorten the wire there.

Charlie175

I made the mistake on mine by ordering it extra length. Didn't need the extra length so I have it coiled up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks