• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

egt's at highway speed

kwiksilver

Put my Autometer pyro in today pre turbo right above flangeon a C turbo. I have the fuel turned up 3 flats. It's on 395's 6x6 with a cargo cover. I don't have a boost gauge but it doesn't jump real high when running a gear out but when I get it up to cruising speed (22-2300 rpm's) on mostly flat roads it holds 950 pretty steady. When I floor it to accelerate on the highway it gets to 1000 or a little higher. I know 1200 is the max but is 950-1000 ok for sustained highway use? What are your trucks seeing on the road?

DieselBob

In my experience over the years on most large diesel engines it pretty much was rule of thumb you can run them all day long @1200 and never have a worry. You can run 1300 for short period but above that things start to go wrong. There are exceptions to this like some older engines that don't have piston cooling jets to help control the heat and expansion of the pistons when under load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks