• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

El Paso M109A3 inspection/need help with lights!!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I went down to look at my trucks again today with my Dad, but this time I took my M1008 and slave cable......
All 3 started easily, all 3 move, and all three have brakes :D :D :D :D :D so when I get my EUC the recovery will be...wait, nevermind.

One problem on one of the trucks, this pad for the control of the lights would not light up, or operate the exterior lights, and when I started messing with it the oil pressure, and temp gauges pegged out low......any thoughts?

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: El Paso M109A3 inspection

Sounds like the gremlin awakened in the pushbutton.Don't know about the gauge problem though unless there a crossed bare wire under there.You did hit the wanted light setting and then Enter right?You gotta push one then the other withing a set amount of time(3 seconds?) for it to work.Even though it should light up just by pushing a button but it might have been to bright outside to see it.Try pulling a triple tree and install it to see if it works.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I though these were known to have grounding issues.
Check for an extra ground connection t one of the mounting screws or the othe end of the ground for a loose connection.
You could always take a spare analog version with you an swap it our before driving it back.
Maybe a switch from one of the others.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

On the first truck the pad works, hit service lights, then enter, no prob. when you first hit the pad it lights up blue I think, the second truck nothing, no lights on the pad at all.

This is the first time I've sat in a Deuce and the first time I've started and driven one, I was smiling from ear to ear..........I think I've caught "THE BUG".....

Man I'm stoked about this...... :D :D :D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: El Paso M109A3 inspection

quarkz said:
I though these were known to have grounding issues.
Check for an extra ground connection t one of the mounting screws or the othe end of the ground for a loose connection.
You could always take a spare analog version with you an swap it our before driving it back.
Maybe a switch from one of the others.
So there is nothing special about this pad?, it will swap out with the analog switch version?, one of the trucks has the analog switch, maybe I'll pull it. 2 of these will be driven, one towed. I will have magnetic lights for the towed 109

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: El Paso M109A3 inspection

Yeah , i have fully working pad for my m37 and have had no problems , but we got it out of a humvee at work and my buddy a truck mechanic in my unit put it in for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks