• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electric brake controller for the deuce

mcinfantry

ok, i just picked up a deckover pintle pull civilian trailer with electric brakes for the deuce. i DO NOT want to convert to air brakes on the trailer, so what/how do i run an elec brake controller on the trailer??

i dont mind slapping led's on the trailer (they run 12 OR 24 volts). i just need to solve the brakes

i know i can run a bunch of converters and such, but is there a kit/easy solution?

rmgill

20 amp fuse----24-12 voltage converter---Brake Controller===(hot & gnd)==brakes

Run a lead from the 24-12 volt converter to a second brake light switch added to the air pack for your signal which tells the brake controller when you've got the brakes on.

M215

brake controller

I pull a 9 ton Eager Beaver trailer with my M35 set up with electric brakes. Ran two wires off the first battery (12v), one to the trailer to charge the break away battery system, the other to the brake controller on the dash. Tapped a wire into the existing brake light switch (24v) and ran this through a 24-12v converter ($35 on Ebay), than to the brake controller. Changed the plug on the trailer to a standard military plug and use the receptacle on the rear of the M35. Tied the two wires for the brake system into the receptacle (used two of the black out system wires). Changed all the lights on the trailer to 24v. Brake system remains 12v and all lights are 24v, total cost approx $250. Use the trailer to haul our Case 455 track loader and half track around. The deuce does OK on short trips, but looking forward to buying a 5 ton with the Cummings 250 in the spring.
Hope this helps, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks