• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Fuel Pump

shell70634

I have read comments about installing an electric fuel pump on a CUCV. Can anyone advise which one by name or part number that will provide the proper quantity and pressure? Fat hands make changing the mechanical pump difficult.

Armada

AC used to make the electric solenoid lift pumps for the GM diesels (military included). They even have a kit for mounting and connecting them in-line on the frame rail. They no longer produce them, but Airtex bought the tooling and they manufacture them last I knew. I don't recall the p/n's, but any good auto parts store should have them. Delphi/Delco (used to be AC) sells them under their name still, but they are the Airtex produced pumps.
Walbro also makes a heavy duty lift pump, they were even under contract with Uncle Sam to supply pumps, but I do not know for which vehicle.
Another tip is to add an in-line fuel filter prior to the electric pump. They will last ALOT longer.

fuel pump...

for a civilian version,iv'e heard many times that a carter p4070 can be used.do not exceed a pressure of 20 psi or you'll blow the seals in the ip.
a block off plate for the hole in the block will be required when the old one is removed .
use a mr gasket pn# 1515 for a small block chevy.

definitly use a pre filter...mount pump and filter as close to the tank as practical...racor makes good albeit expensive setups.just go large.small filters clog fast and become a hassle.shoot for around 15 microns for a prefilter.