• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Heater

Varyag

I want to install an electric heater in my deuce till I get the money together to get a military one. Anyone have a preference? Just something small and cheap to warm up the cab some.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:

Electric heat will use too many amps to make it feasible (if you can find 24V), so I'd probably go with the mittens, too, until you have cash...;-)

GoHot229

Heres two, the smaller being $50 and the square bigger one$130
Hopefully this will take to the site... www.sportsimportsltd.com
Look under interior comfort, the pic of a car seat, punch on the listing in the index (Heaters). There are some verry reasonable cab heaters too. Look like they would fit the cab and look psuedo-military kind of.
Theres probably no way getting around installing a H/W type or Gas type heater. These on this site looked fairly reasonable though, ( $'s )and used in tandom with the grill (M35) arctic cover with the flap closed might just put out some heat from the coolant system of the Deuce, or any MV for that matter, and they are relativly small and of a configuration that wouldnt look bad or take too much cab room.

Attachments

Last edited:

cbvet

GoHot,
Those shown will only help if temperatures are above 60 or so.
24 Volt electric heat with a standard MV electrical system? Fuggedaboutit. Just can't get the necessary BTUs.

GoHot229

We had a member once in the northeast that did a recovery who used a generator and .....blow-driers to get home..... but he said it killed the chill. Infact I believe he said after a fiew minuates he was semi-comfey. Blow-driers and Duct Tape....While not practical, it got him home without icesicles sticking to his nose. Yea cbvet, these are only a temp barley-able outfits, but might keep the winshields clear and just a bit to help keep it sorta bearable.

Varyag

A buddy of mine used small ceramic heaters to take the chill off in a suburban. I was just looking into options. Nice, I was looking at the website GoHot posted and there is a nice radiator heater in there that looks good.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Find a JC Whitney catalog (or try website). They used to have a large selection of electric heaters for vehicles.
Heat is not so much a need as is defrosters...we drove from Indiana to AL in a snow storm.....the 5 ton tractor I was driving never got cold enough to bother me (plenty of heat coming up thorugh the floor) but I had a lot of visibility issues.