• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Horn and Air Horn

Memphisdoug

My new truck has both an electric horn and air horn on it. Both do not work due to some obvious missing wiring to them. Are both horns supposed to operate at the same time when the horn button is pushed? Thanks for any help.

54reo

My '67 M35A2 has the same thing, but only the air horns were/are hooked up and working. I tried the electric horn, but it is not functioning.

I never investigated any further.

Memphisdoug

Problem With Wire In Steering Column

Ok, got the air horn to work by putting 24 volts and a ground directly to the solenoid. Can't say the same for the electric horn. It seems to be dead. Here's my other problem - I took my horn button off and there is no wire connected to it. Down at the bottom of the steering column is a wad of wire. It won't pull out or push in. If I run a stiff wire in the bottom hole it goes in about 12" and then hits an obstruction which feels like a wad of wire (kinda soft). If I go in from the top with a wire I go down to same spot and get stuck. It appears somone tried to pull the steering column wire out of the bottom but got it jammed. Anyone have a great ideas on how to get this jammed wire out? I'm thinking a small, long drill that I can get in there from the bottom and drill out the obstruction.