• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electric issue LMTV CAT C7

S4ndm4nn

Hello all,

I'm about to change the engine on my LMTV. From a 3116 to a C7
I noticed that there are 3 cables on my engine that don't show up in any wiring diagram.
The cables have the numbers TL 110/111/112.
Maybe someone can help me out and tell me where they need to be hooked up.

greetings from Germany

Max

S4ndm4nn

Hey Ronmar,

The cables are located on the left side of the engine.The TL 110/111 cable comes from the plug on the engine control unit and is approx. 6ft long, the TL 112 cable is approx. 2ft long.

I can also take a picture if that helps you.

ramdough

Hey Ronmar,

The cables are located on the left side of the engine.The TL 110/111 cable comes from the plug on the engine control unit and is approx. 6ft long, the TL 112 cable is approx. 2ft long.

I can also take a picture if that helps you.
That probably will help a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronmar

Im not finding any reference to them, but I don't have any A1R info. Since it is a C7 it may have come from an A1R? Another clue might be gleaned by tracing them back to the pins they connect to on the engine ECU. I noticed they all appear to be larger gauge terminals(3mm?). That will limit their destination a bit.

S4ndm4nn

Hello Ronmar
thank you for your help.
The engine is from a 2008 M1093A1R with 350HP
2019-04-19.jpg

I tried to trace the cables.The cable with the yellow sticker is the supply for the control unit and the other cable leads from TL 110 to TL 112.
If I want to start the engine I have to connect the cable TL 111 to the battery.However, I can only stop the engine if I remove the cable from the battery,
Yes, the connections of the cables are relatively large approx. 5mm.

Maybe someone has the complete wiring diagrams for the truck.

greetings Max

scottmandu

There is quite a bit of difference in the electrical system of the 3116 trucks and the C7 trucks. You will also need to use the C7 transmission, and WTECIV controller.

S4ndm4nn

Why do I need the transmission from the A1?
The Allison 3070SP also works together with the WTEC III Controller on the CAT C7
The ECUs communicate via J1939 and both can do that, so I don't think it's necessary to install the Allison 3700SP.

scottmandu

Why do I need the transmission from the A1?
The Allison 3070SP also works together with the WTEC III Controller on the CAT C7
The ECUs communicate via J1939 and both can do that, so I don't think it's necessary to install the Allison 3700SP.

There was a change in the valve body and wiring going from the WTEC III to WTEC IV. I'm sure it can be done but there is a more to it that what you think.

S4ndm4nn

Thanks for the info,

I've already swapped the engine and it's running perfectly.

The communication between engine ecu and transmission ecu works without problems.

All important data such as throttle position and enginespeed are recognized by both control units.

scottmandu

Thanks for the info,
I've already swapped the engine and it's running perfectly.
The communication between engine ecu and transmission ecu works without problems.
All important data such as throttle position and enginespeed are recognized by both control units.
That's great one of my customers is having problems with his repower I will send him your way.

I saw that truck at the auction I'm surprised the engine wasn't damaged. Wasn't the transmission busted in half?

S4ndm4nn

It was a lot of work to wire everything, especially because I didn't have a proper wiring diagram.
And I think wouldn't do it again
If your customer has any questions, please contact me
No the engine and the gearbox were not damaged The only thing broken was the oil filter housing and the water pump

Gesendet von meinem G8141 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ronmar

I seem to recall something about an Input power filter on the trucks with ECU’s which may be where some of these are intended to attach. Short of someone being able to provide A1R wiring info, pulling the ECM connector and using an ohm meter to find the specific ECM pin and connector that these TL’s connect to is probably your best bet. The C7 pinout is probably available online, or a cat dealer/tech might be able to provide it.

coachgeo

there is a fellow on Facebook selling LEGAL A1 manual on 5CD set or thumb drive. it does Not include the diagnostics program... that has not been released... but the Manuel itself has now been. again I'll get link when I get home

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks