• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric lift pump install..Fuel line connection problem

ajsmith184

So Im installing an electric lift pump on my M1009, and am having a heck of a time with a bizarre problem..

I installed the pump on the frame rail where the rubber crossover line was..I got some 3/8" line from autozone, which I cut the flared ends off and threaded in, leaving about 3" of line sticking out. I then connected 3/8 rubber line with hose clamps.

I CANNOT get this to stop leaking. Constant drips. Ive tried everything, new flared ends, new line, different hose clamps, etc.

This seems entirely too simple to be this difficult.

Does anybody have any advice? Is there a possibility there might be a problem with the pump itself not allowing the flared end to seat properly?? What did some of you do?

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it leaking at the flared end or thru the rubber hose connections?

What brand of pump did you buy?

ajsmith184

It looks like it's leaking through the flared end..Hard to tell though. I noticed when I thread in and tighten the flared lines there is a lot of movement with the line itself...Can spin it around, slight in/out movement..

As for brand, I dont know.."American Made"...This is the ebay ad I bought from.

fuel pump.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the Napa website, the fuel line should have some rubber o-rings on the end of the pipe.

fuel line.jpg

ajsmith184

Ahhh.....Will swing by NAPA tomorrow as there is one near work. Did you look it up for a specific model Warthog? I went to autozone and to Oreilleys and they just had generic "steel line" used for Brakes and fuel line....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked up a 1999 k3500 6.5L. Just looked for supply fuel line.

Brake line will not work. It needs a special flair on the connector.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply remove the pump and identify the thread/seat design.

Your pump may have NPT(national pipe thread).

ajsmith184

For those who may find this thread later..Rather than buying specific fuel lines which are big money, I found NAPA sells generic line with this fitting. Part number NOE 7304929 and is $14.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks