• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Trailer Brake Controller

dstang97

Ditto they are so nice. People get so jealous when the see how nice my co tropes is compaired to their 70"s trchnology one

chevyCUCV

I have a Tekonsha Prodigy

I bought all the wiring i needed from my auto parts store(t connector, 7 pin plug, 14 guage wire)

I have only used it once but i didnt want to cheap out on something so important. It works great and is really easy to set and use.

M1009 Fiend

I have a Tekonsha Prodigy

I bought all the wiring i needed from my auto parts store(t connector, 7 pin plug, 14 guage wire)

I have only used it once but i didnt want to cheap out on something so important. It works great and is really easy to set and use.
You ran 14g wire? On the etrailer website they use 10g. An reason why you ran 14?

Stonepicker1

I have three brake controllers in my M1028A2 dually, M1028 pickup, and my CUCV-II.
Cost me around $39 to $55 for the controller and can't remember the price for the 7 pin connectors.
On the CUCV's I had to run a blue wire from the controller to the rear 7 pin connector(trailer brakes) and a white wire for the ground. Also a red wire to the controller from the battery (fused).

On the CUCV-II, the wires for towing are already there. You just have to un-tape them in the wiring harness and hook them up. Had to get 12 volt from under the dash at the junction box for the trailer brake.
All worked great.
I've made two trips to Michigan to trailer back two M128A2's dually in my M1028 pickup and flatbed trailer. I also hauled two M103A2 back to Florida from Illinois. Picked up a PU-405(30KW with 2-1/2 ton trailer) from Huntsville, Alabama and a 6.5L engine from Jackson, South Carolina. Just did a 6,000 mile road trip from Fl to CA and back to recover my new CUCV-II Crew Cab.
Trailer brakes never failed to stop me on any of the road trips.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do any of you guys know of a controller that you can use with 24v?
What about the brakes on the trailer can they handle 24v?

Thanks!!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But the brake signal wire would be 28v?
You have to hook up to the brake signal wire right?

Ressoldier

I had an old analog break controller and it was ok, worked the way it was supposed to most of the time. The problem with the older analog is sometime they don't apply and then all of the sudden engage and lock the trailer up. When I was researching a new controller everyone said go digital and 90% of those said go Teconsah Prodgy series. They had just come out with 2 at that time and I can tell you it was worlds better. Now I have a new truck and will be getting the Prodigy 3 as my break controller.