• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electric winch for deuce

avengeusa

some people have, I have heard that before, should not be a hard thing to accomplish, just need power and fab some mounts up

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll to the bottom of this thread! There are a few threads listed in the Similar Threads.

I have a 2" receiver hitch mounted 10000lb winch. I use it on an old hitch that I occasionally mount "upside down" on the front of the deuce bed. I use it to pull stuff onto my trailer or up into the bed.

shannondeese

I am working with Mile Marker to produce a 18,500 lb 24 volt electric winch that will mount in the deuce behind the stock bumper. I am not sure when it will be ready for production but once it is I'll post it.

x-ray

I mounted a cheap 12V electric winch to the bed to haul loads up omto the bed. It comes in handy.

Wired it to one battery and ground

An electric winch probably won't get your deuce out of trouble, but to use it for hauling loads onto the bed of a deuce, its priceless in my opinion.

tm america

it can and has been done but i havent seen any electric winches with the same line pull rating as the stock deuce winch and you need snatch blocks even with the stock winch.the deuce winch has a 10000lbs line pull and a 10000lb electric winch will have a line pull rating around 4000-5000 thats why they dont have as big of a cable .if you have an electric winch with a 95 ft cable and have to run three snatch blocks to get the pull you need you will only have a reach of about 19ft and wont be much good for getting you out of the mudd:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks