• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric winch mount

Hi All,
Had to recover burnt out car from local wood the other day and thought it would have been much easier if I had a winch on the front of my M1097a2. Has anyone retrofitted an electric winch (civilian winch, Warn or Milemaker etc) to their Humvee, ideally as a dismountable unit, I have seen this sort of thing on other 4x4s where a winch can be mounted to the front of rear of the truck? Would it be possible to mount and keep the standard bumper?
Lots of questions, just trying to look at options and thinking out loud. Don't really want to effect the approach angle too much so dismountable would be perfect.
Thanks

Buck69

A receiver type winch set up has limited pull capabilities at any angle other than straight ahead. Reinforcing it would likely make the portability a bit more difficult. Interested myself, if there is options out there to get around that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks