• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Gremlins

Sine Metu

I know this has been discussed to some degree, but not with my specific problems, if anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it alot.

The problem I have is my fuse for the lights, in my m1009, melted. I was able to put another fuse in there to drive home from school for Thanksgiving but since the fuse melted my blinkers will not work if I turn on the headlights. once I turn off the headlights passenger side works, and only the driver side front works. The driver side rear, blinker and brake light does not work, the parking light does. I replaced the bulb, and it did nothing. I know a known problem is that the connections on that specific fuse corrode, etc. I plan on re-wiring that to be an inline fuse to hopefully solve the problem...that is my project asap...however one other foreseeable problem is my blinker lever has broken one of the mounting holes in the steering column so it is only "half-fastened" could this be causing a problem? and finally since I bought the truck, the front parking lights never worked, blinkers yes but not parking lights is this related or is that normal?

Thanks, Anthony

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start by cleaning the fuse terminals in the fuse block and making sure the fuses are snug in the terminals. Then repair the obvious, your turn signal switch and/or lever. After that, look for bad grounds and cracked or broken terminals in the bulb sockets. You can try the new light switch but I'd bet it's a ground issue.

cmroles

Start by cleaning the fuse terminals in the fuse block and making sure the fuses are snug in the terminals.
Does anyone have a good method for cleaning the contacts in the fuse box? I've pulled out each fuse and cleaned the contacts using some fine sandpaper (they were NASTY). What I need is a good method to clean the "slots" in the panel that the fuses actually plug into.

I have a few electrical gremlins that I don't think are caused by these connections, but I'd feel better if they were proply cleaned.

Thank you

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A can of Electrical Contact Cleaner (CRC is a good brand) and a cardboard nail file will become your best friend. Cut tha nail file down to fit the slot.

You can also use a dab of di-electric grease when you reinstall the fuses.

Sine Metu

okay it took me longer to reply to this but i fixed the issue, not sure how but I did, I unscrewed the fuse block checked the connections in the back make sure nothing was arching and put it back on as soon as I did it worked? havent had the problem since...mysterious but hey it fixed it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks