• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Help Please.

oldshep

Hey everybody, how should i test to see if there is any power in my dash light wires(#40, theres 2 of them). I have a multimeter, but nothing will register. Thanks.

El_Guapo

The only thing to do is make sure your meter is working correctly then work your way back. Or you could lick it :shock:
Edit: Try grounding one lead to the chassis and metering one wires at a time.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good ground for reference is important. Use an aligator clip on bare metal or better yet, run a long ground wire to the battery neg terminal.

cbvet

I agree with Bjorn.
When I get nothing using a "convenient" ground, I get out my 20 foot jumper wire & go right to the battery.
In my 45 years of working on vehicles, I've found a poor ground to be the problem well over half the time.
Eric
CBVET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks