• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical in cab

REDWOLF

Does anyone know if you could use the power block by th radio tray mounts to run a 12 volt radio or cb, or should you run wires up front to the bats. Oh this is in my M1009. :razz:

Crash_AF

There is one fuse and one 'push' terminal that you can push a spade terminal in that are 24V, make sure that you check the source you are pulling from with a voltmeter before connecting to electronic equipment, otherwise you will let the magic smoke out.

I went to the junkyard and got another 12V buss block from a junk Chevy (the diamond shaped one above the master cylinder) and mounted it under the dash for my 12V stuff. Just make sure you get a portion of the feed wire too as it bridges between the small and large terminals on the block. Make sure you use a fuse between this block and the main one under the hood for safety.

Later,
Joe

mistaken1

Does anyone know if you could use the power block by th radio tray mounts to run a 12 volt radio or cb, or should you run wires up front to the bats. Oh this is in my M1009. :razz:

You can use the military radio bus just be sure to move the positive wire off the bus on the firewall and terminate it on the negative post of the rear battery (assuming you have a stock 24v setup).

I ran a 3rd wire from the negative terminal of the rear battery to a 3rd bus under the radio shelf to run my 12v equipment (two 15A radios and one 30A radio).

Attachments

Last edited: